Home Buying in Walpole>Question Details

reginajoseph3, Other/Just Looking in Waterville Valley, NH

Does Walpole, MA give real estate abatements for elderly or any abatements at all?

Asked by reginajoseph3, Waterville Valley, NH Sat Oct 20, 2012

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3098780088-175-Stone-St-Walpo…

Help the community by answering this question:


The Town of Walpole, MA does give a variety of abatements, including, but not limited to low income, veterans, disability, blind, elderly, etc. They also will entertain your request for an abatement of taxes due to overvaluation of assessed value. Applications can be date sensitive, and you will likely have to prove eligibility. Visit the Town of Walpole web site at http://www.walpole-ma.gov/Assessors.htm for answers to many of your questions, download forms, or just call their office during regular business hours. You will find the staff most helpful.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
There is a specific procedure for the abatement process in MA.
Call your local assessor (town hall) and ask for the forms and time schedule.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 25, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer