Home Buying in Richboro>Question Details

Scianfrano, Home Buyer in Clayton, CA

Does Richboro allow residents to conduct a car repair business in the driveway of their home? 12 broken down cars in driveway

Asked by Scianfrano, Clayton, CA Mon Feb 11, 2013

Unless the property is zoned commercial....I would say that is a big no. Not sure the reason for the question, when you are from Clayton CA. All the best, Donna
Richboro and most communities that are upscale in Bucks County do not allow car repair businesses in residential neighborhoods. You can possibly lease a commercial zoned area nearby . If you are interested in a car repair business to rent contact me.

Thank you

Jen Buschel

PH: 215-489-7609

Long and Foster Real Estate
Most of Richboro (PA) is zoned for Residential Use only, with limited in-home business. Car repair would not likely conform to the local zoning.

Why is this answer important to you? Are you interested in having a car repair business yourself, or are you collecting information to file a complaint on a home operating such a business? I'd be glad to help you further.
Thank you for your response. With limited characters allowed to pose my question, I could not fully explain. I live in a nice Richboro neighborhood and there is a neighbor a few blocks away that any given time has 10 - 12 cars in his driveway - in various stages of disarray (up on blocks, engine sitting on the lawn, front end dismantled. . . you get the picture). This has been the case for years. While this home is not in very close proximity to mine, it is easily seen on the way to my house from one of the enterances into our neighborhood. Northampton Township does have an ordinance which states it is unlawful to "Store abandoned or junk motor vehicles", however I am not certain if it applies to this situation as these cars are constantly turning over as they get repaired.
Flag Mon Feb 11, 2013
I do quite a bit of commercial. Unless the property is located in an area that is zoned commercial / designated for Auto Repair / similar, the answer to that question is most likely no.

Some older properties (possibly on a main road etc) may possibly have been "grandfathered" or are possibly non-conforming and may allow it, but for the most part a car repair business in a residential area is not really possible.

One option you may have: To find a properly zoned commercial property with a residence above it. In many areas, the owner of a commercial property / business may maintain legal residence "above it" in an apartment etc.

Brian Luce ABR, SRS,
Weidel Realtors
525 N. Main Street Doylestown, PA