Home Buying in Garden City>Question Details

mgoblue53, Home Buyer in Santa Clara, CA

Does HUD have to get a city inspection before they put a house up for sale?

Asked by mgoblue53, Santa Clara, CA Wed Feb 6, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


The key phrase is "Point of Sale Inspection". If the city/township requires a POS Inspection, the listing office is required to order. This must be given to the HUD closing agent prior to scheduling a closing. If the municipality requires an inspection and compliance not to close but only to occupy, then no, HUD will not have it ordered.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 24, 2013
HUD is not required to get a City inspection. If a HUD home is tagged by the City HUD puts that responsibility on the buyer.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas
Real Living Kee Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 6, 2013
HUD conducts a required HUD inspection which you can view on their site at http://www.hudhomestore.com However, it is always best to get your own home inspection F.Y.I. I'm not sure how they do it in CA, but Here in MI usually any home under $50k rather Bank owned or HUD, the buyer will need to get a required city inspection and obtain a (COO) Certificate Of Occupancy in which HUD usually pays. Hope this helped. Check with your agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 6, 2013
Hi Harold, what is the city looking for in these instances? Thanks!
Flag Tue Dec 10, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer