Home Buying in Encino>Question Details

Angiestoneceo, Home Buyer in Encino, CA

Does Encino have FHA approved townhomes/condos for sale?

Asked by Angiestoneceo, Encino, CA Wed Apr 21, 2010

Ray Calnan’s answer
As stated in previous posts there are many available and you should be speaking with you agent about this.

You can also check the HUD website and search to see what complexes are approved. One word of warning is that they are not all classified as "Encino." They may have Los Angeles as the city since technically that is the city. You may want to search using the zip codes that you are interested in.

Another caution is that even if it is FHA approved on the list, the HOA financials may be in such a state that you will not get FHA or possibly any other financing on it. This is again why you need to talk to an agent.

Here is the link

Good Luck,

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 21, 2010
HI Angie,

Yes as you can see there are FHA approved condos and townhomes in Encino, and if its not FHA approved, the lender can request FHA approval provided that the homeowners association is in good financial shape, and there aren't too many rented out units. Remember too that even if the building is FHA approved, it doesn't neccessarily mean that your unit will fit in the FHA guidelines. If you haven't been preapproved yet, you should speak with a lender, and if you are already, then ask them what might prevent you from making a purchase with an FHA loan.

Feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions. Best of luck to you!

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 21, 2010
Yes! In fact, one of the most popular complexes, 5460 White Oak has FHA approved units. This is a huge complex with lots of amenities - I have listed and sold several units there and my clients always love it! There are other complexes too where you can get FHA loans. Feel free to contact me and I can send you some listings!

Richard Schulman
#1 Buyers Agent KW Los Angeles
(310) 482-0173
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 21, 2010
Sure they do. What are you looking for? They do exist!!!!! Email me and I will forward you the options.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 21, 2010
Hello Angiestoneceo,

Yes, there are a few FHA approved townhomes/condos in Encino.
If you're working with an agent he/she should be able to confirm the FHA approval and inform you if those properties are within your price range.

If you have not selected an agent to work with yet, I am available to assist you.
I work with Coldwell Banker Sherman Oaks Office and I service many of the San Fernando Valley neighborhoods including Encino.

If you've been pre approved for a mortgage and are ready to find your "home", hopefully before the Tax Credit expires on 4-30-2010, please give me a call.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Beatrice Stambulski
Certified Negotiation Specialist
REO and Short Sale Specialist
Relocation Specialist

Coldwell Banker
Sherman Oaks

Cell (818)480-0776
email: Beatrice4Sold@gmail.com

DRE Lic # 1335053
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 21, 2010