Home Buying in Barry Square>Question Details

Bizylady007, Home Buyer in New Britain, CT

Does Barry Square have a high crime rate?

Asked by Bizylady007, New Britain, CT Fri May 6, 2011

I am referring to incidents of burglary, car theft and rape.

Answers

3
Seth Winkleman’s answer
The only information on Barry Square I could find was this: http://hartford.omaxfield.com/barrysq.html I would agree with the previous answer. Give the Hartford Police Department a call (860) 543-8738. If there is anything else I can help you with feel free to email LinkWithWink@PrudentialCT.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 6, 2011
Bizy,

Often the best resource for crime and safety information is the local police department or county sheriff's department. They have access to the most current and accurate information and are normally very willing to be helpful.

This is a part of the city where crime and violence varies almost by street. I live on Grandview Terrace, west of Maple Ave. My immediate neighborhood is stable and safe, filled with families and folks who go to work everyday and take good care of their homes. I am a single, white woman and I feel perfectly secure. I don't feel as safe east of Maple Ave. Because I don't speak Spanish, I end up doing most of my shopping outside the neighborhood, so I can't tell you anything about the many corner stores. In my part of the neighborhood, we do not have people hanging around the streets or walking around drunk or on drugs. Go five or six blocks east and toward the downtown and the story changes. The area around Hartford Hospital is still pretty iffy, as is Zion Street close to Park Ave. This is what city living is all about--lots of different sorts of folks and neighborhoods that change a lot as you cross invisible boundaries.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 28, 2012