Home Buying in Del Mar>Question Details

JD Morris, Real Estate Pro in Carlsbad, CA

Do you think your market is a buyers or sellers market (the data is in for Sept)?

Asked by JD Morris, Carlsbad, CA Wed Oct 10, 2012

We just reviewed the numbers at our office at it looks like coastal Del Mar / 92014 is a sellers market while Rancho Santa Fe 92067 is still a buyer market. Overall San Diego is a sellers market! However, after broker Caravan, I have to say some price are still high for some homes. Tell us about your local market.

Answers

6
Seeing many investors bid against me for home 200-600k in San Diego.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2012
OC in most cases is a sellers market. However, price is the key to getting multi-offers.
Perhaps you might make a blog page instead of a home buying question by an agent.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes Realty
(951) 821-8211
harold@socalhomes.biz
http://www.socalhomes.biz
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Sellers market if priced right.. Homes are selling quickly in North County, and in many cases, are receiving multiple offers.

Here is a really cool tool you can use to see recently sold homes via my website, or anywhere in San Diego, its preformatted for Carmel Valley, which you can easily change by X'ing out the zip code and start a new search for RECENT SALES ACTIVITY, neighborhood, map drag and drop etc. . If you are a buyer or seller, this is a pretty handy tool to look up comps, WITH OUT AN AGENT.

http://livingincarmelvalley.com/carmel-valley-just-sold/
I absolutely agree that many parts of San Diego are a seller's market. More specifically, try to buy a condo in the central San Diego areas of Downown, Hillcrest, North, Park under $300K...there's nothing there! Sellers can get any price (almost!).

Just spent the weekend searching for a Downtown condo under $350K and the pickings were slim to none. At the higher end of the market $800K and up, buyers still have more leverage and options.
I have to say right now is a win for both buyers and sellers. At least here in Virginia.