Home Buying in West Haven>Question Details

janelynnbenn…, Home Buyer in Ansonia, CT

Do you think the appreciation in the properties around ocean ave and further down to just before Jimmy's will be stable and grow in the next 5 years?

Asked by janelynnbennett, Ansonia, CT Sat Jun 30, 2012

I am a first time home buyer and my instincts are telling me to stick with this area. Also, I had heard the taxes were really high for homes here?

Answers

2
Oh I wish I had a crystal ball for real estate! It is so hard to say where we are going to be in the market in the next year, 5 years, 10 years. I can tell you that the addition of the new train station that is being built on Sawmill Road between Hood Terrace and Railroad Avenue will help West Haven. Many people who work in NYC are always looking for towns where they can catch the train. Taxes are not cheap in West Haven so you are correct on the high taxes. If you are looking for cheaper taxes Shelton is a great town with much lower taxes. Please do not hesitate to call or write if you have any more questions.
Hi Janel, I would love to do some comparatives for you. It is hard to tell what will happen in the future but with the mortgage rates and prices at an all time low, it is definitely a great time for a first time home buyer as yourself to purchase a home. That is great area in West Haven and close to the water too. The newer the home, the more the taxes will be. Please contact me to assist you further, Julie Lucia, Showcase Realty, 203-578-5631; julie@julierealestate.com