Karen Calley, Real Estate Pro in Monterey, CA

Do you think listings will pick up after the first of the year?

Asked by Karen Calley, Monterey, CA Thu Dec 6, 2012

I have several buyers in the four to five hundred dollar range who are ready to buy but unable to find a suitable home.

Answers

5
No I don"t think, Listing will start picking up only and if we follow up every day.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
Should see some REO inventory soon, 2013 maybe?

Everyone has lots of buyers and not enough inventory and it is a very frustrating industry at this time with such a low inventory. Record low interest rates and low inventory is driving home prices up and with multiple offers on all homes for sale.

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/ContactSheryl.aspx
Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker – Sr. Loan Officer CA only
REO & Short Sale Specialist
20+ Years Experience
DRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
It's amazing how many motivated buyers are in the market right now. We're still getting multiple (many) bids on listings that do come on. I pulled up to one a couple of weeks ago and there were so many people outside in front it looked like they were taking numbers. I can't remember going into the new year with this many buyers on my list. And very little to show them!! I just keep running the hotsheet over and over. I sure do hope that more listings will come on. I imagine they will - I've got several sellers waiting until after the holidays and I'm sure that's the case with most of us.
You Buyers, and a lot of other people are going to have to readjust their thinking:
The $200,000 houses are a thing of the past.

NO! I don't think we are going to have an INFLUX for a while.
I think REO's will come in a dribble.
I certainly hope so - that said, I'm not expecting an increase until the spring season gets underway.