Randy, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Do you think I can get a house at 120,000 if asking price is 133,000?

Asked by Randy, Philadelphia, PA Tue Mar 3, 2009

Answers

10
Randy- Sounds like a reasonable offer to me....or depending on your "available cash" you may consider offering a bit more and asking the Seller to pay some of your closing costs.
or ...
if you'd prefer lower initial payments you can ask the Seller to pay discount points at closing to BUYDOWN your interest rate ...

There's no harm in asking.

Barbara Q.

(Not a Realtor or Lender...just a value-added service!)
Web Reference: http://www.321advantage.com
I agree with Cherrie. Your agent should be able to help you with this. If you are not working with an agent, I suggest working with one. They will look after your interest. The seller's agent, or the seller if it's a for sale by owner, are looking out for the seller. Not you. Having a buyer agent is usually free of any costs to you.

I would be glad to assist you if you are not working with an agent. Just give me a call.

Terrence Charest, e-Pro®
REALTOR®
Century 21 Associates
905 Easton Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
Cell (Preferred): 877.614.1494
Office: 215.659.5250
Fax: 215.659.5550
tcharest@HomesForFreedom.com
“Century 21 is the number one franchise site on the Internet”
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 3, 2009
you can try i have seen it happen
Randy, It depends up on the house. If you are represented by an agent, your agent should let you know how the property compares with other properties currently on the market and recently sold. $133,000 is an average price for a home in 19150. If the condition of the house is below averge, or if it has been on the market for a while, you may be able to purchase it for $120,000. If the condition is above average and the property just went on the market you may have to compete with other buyers at $133,000.
I assume you have looked at the house. Is it listed with an agent ? If you are working with an agent, the agent can negotiate for you. If the asking price $133,000 is less than what the sellers owe, there may be a problem. If it is worth $133,000 and you love the house be prepared to pay more than $120,000. Your agent can find out what the sellers paid and help you .
In normal circumstances in this market you should be able to make an offer and the seller may most likely accept it unless they are not motivated to sell.
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
In norml circumstances in this market you should be able to make an offer and the seller may most likely accept it unless they are not motivated to sell.
Hi Randy,
I concur with my esteemed colleagues. And, I would add this; percentage-wise, the difference between the asking price and the offering price in this scenario is a shade under 11%. This is a Buyer's market. Sellers know this. So, an offer that is between 10% and 11% below asking price is not unreasonable. Go for it! I'd be happy to represent you in this transaction. My number is 215-990-0186. Remember --- this would be of no cost to you. The Realtors' fees are paid by the Seller.
That's why you use a REALTOR! They can negotiate for you and present a good reason for the Seller to take your offer!
Web Reference: http://fredglick.com
Your Realtor will beable to run some comps from the area and suggest an offer price. In this market, it is always worth a try!! Good luck to you!!