Home Buying in Scottsdale>Question Details

Tim, Home Buyer in Carefree Terrace Con...

Do you see the prices falling even further on the village at carefree (mule train) or going up in the near future?

Asked by Tim, Carefree Terrace Condominiums, Carefree, AZ Fri Aug 10, 2012

Answers

6
Based on the recent sales, the prices have increased over the last six months.
Looking at the recent sales activity in the area over the last several months, there is a stong upward trend in the sales price and listing price of homes in the Village at Carefree. I have included a link below with homes are that are actively listed, homes that are pending sales, and homes that have recently sold. Are you considering buying or selling a home in this subdivision?

http://www.flexmls.com/cgi-bin/mainmenu.cgi?=url+other/run_p…

In the event that you are looking for a realtor to work with, I would be happy to help you. You can view recommendations from my clients at the following link:

http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Real_Estate_Pro-Phoenix…
Tim, A great Buyer question for our positive market! The lowest of the 12 active listings is a bank owned property, to sell quickly and get off their books. With interest rates low, Buyer confidence up, inventory low, statically for this zipcode 85377 when you look at the numbers, $513K is the median sale price, $465K sold price, however keep in mind this is a condo, reason for list price is less compared to a single family home. A homeowner should consider selling now, with inventory being low, a seller can recapture equity in today's market.

I welcome your response to be a partner in your real estate needs and a great resource center/education.

Connie McGregor
N.B. Andrews & Associates
480-528-0097
Connie@ConnieMcGregor.com
Hi Tim,
I am not a gambler - but if I were - I would push in all my chips and bet that it is going to go up! All indicators are showing that our market is running out of inventory and the demand is greater than ever. Here are some interesting statistics
.
Active Listings (excluding AWC): 13,403 versus 20,196 last year - down 34%

Monthly Average Sales Price per Sq. Ft.: $98.54 versus $79.86 last year - up 23%

Monthly Median Sales Price: $145,000 versus $109,000 last year - up 33%

Greater Phoenix Bank Foreclosure sales dropped below 14% of the monthly total on August 3, 2012, the first time this has occurred since January 4, 2008. At their peak on February 11, 2009, they constituted 71.1% of monthly sales. Although it will take some time for them to disappear completely, Foreclosures are no longer a major factor in the market. Contrary to to the popular myth, there are not a lot of foreclosed homes in lenders' possession, so we don't expect this the foreclosure supply to increase.

We are heading back to Sellers market and when that happens, prices increase. Now is the time to buy in Carefree. I would be happy to email you a list of available properties - just ask!
Cheryl
I think the market in general is headed upward, as demand is clearly out stripping supply. If you are not familiar with the Phoenix market it has seen significant price increases in the last few months. You can gamble and wait, hindsight is always 20/20. But you may be kicking yourself if prices continue to rise.
Tim, I can do some analytics for you since I have some time on my hands right now. Are you thinking of buying or selling? I sold and showed several in that complex. Prices can vary depending on location and other details like, some units have 1 car garages, others 2, some have golf course views, some are closer to the pool, some closer to the roadside and so on.

Send me an e mail and I'll get the analysis to you for market statistics.

StewKeene@gmail.com

Stew