allstock95, Home Buyer in Glendale, CA

Do you recommend waiting 3-5 years to sell a N. Hollywood condo assuming the value goes up? Thank you.

Asked by allstock95, Glendale, CA Thu Jun 5, 2014

Answers

11
This is a very difficult question given our recent "mortgage crisis' and general downturn in the economy. Real Estate normally does increase in value, how fast that will happen is the question that can't be answered. Right now (2014) prices are increasing slowly.
I would expect to hang on to it longer, perhaps (10) ten years.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 6, 2014
It all depends on what you plan on doing once you sell the condo,it is a Great time to exchange for an other property ! If you are getting out of the market you should wait ! Good luck !
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 28, 2015
Right now is a good time to sell as well. Ask a realtor to do a comparative market analysis of your home to see what it is worth at this moment. Inventory is going up, but very slowly. Just a quick reminder, if housing price go up, the one you will buy after will go up as well. Please take this into consideration when looking to sell/buy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 30, 2014
At least (5) years, but the Real Estate Market has to be carefully watched so that you are prepared to sell when the "market is a hot seller's market"!
Why not start working with a Realtor who can keep you informed about market changes? I have clients who own property in Los Angeles, but live out of state that I have been working with for over two years, now the market is starting to look exciting for them and they can make a profit on their purchases
This all depends if you are reinvesting in real estate when you sell this or not ,if you are not reinvesting I would wait as long as you can.If you are re-buying real estate when you sell you might want to do it sooner as interest rates are down & prices are lower now than they should be in 3-5 years ,good luck !
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 29, 2014
All good advice. Always consider that if you wait for your value to go up, the home you will need to buy to live in will go up as well. The one advantage to selling now is that the home you buy will have less property tax since the taxes based on the purchase price. This assumes that prices will go up.
Now is a good time to sell, as inventory is low and a lot of people are looking to buy in that area. the lack of supply to meet the low demand is pushing prices up.

Its very difficult to predict where the market will be in 5 years time, but a local realtor can give you a fair market analysis for your home in today's market. I'd be happy to help.
Web Reference: http://www.neladigs.com
North Hollywood values have gone up, as the area becomes a hub for the arts, and public-transit residents flock to quick access to the metro line. This is a great time to sell because inventory is low, which is great for sellers, and interest rates are also low, which is great for buyers. If you price your condo well for the market, and have a professional to market and spread the word about your property I would say go for it! What a great time to see a return on your investment.
Flag Tue Jun 10, 2014

It's a great time to sell in North Hollywood right now, the inventory is low and there is a lot of demand.

Feel free to contact me anytime at (310) 717-1321 or JamieTian@RodeoRE.com. I would be happy to provide a free comparative market analysis of your current home price.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
http://www.JamieTian.com
BRE #01920120
Web Reference: http://www.jamietian.com
Only if values keep rising. Prefer Single Family Homes though.
Now is the time to sell. The home prices have stabilized and are increasing at a more normalized rate. Buying now makes more sense especially if you are planning on moving up. Since the inventory is low and if you price your home at or near market value you can expect to sell quickly and possibly with multiple offers. This is a sellers market and you can expect to get at or above the asking price in a multiple offer situation. If you would like a free home evaluation please contact me to setup an appointment. I can show you what similar homes in your area are selling for now.

Barry Feldman
Rodeo Realty Inc
818-517-0740
realestatesolutions47@gmail.com
I was born there I would say talk to a local agent to tell you what they feel the market is doing now. I have a lot of great agents I can refer to you. I have been told by friends there the market is strong to sell now. but I would prefer you speak to them directly.

Whatever you decide I feel it's a good decision for you.

I wish you the best in your endeavors! Please feel free to contact me.

Jessica Aggson
Re/Max Parkside Real Estate
(Recently featured on HGTV's House Hunters)
895-610-3536
JessicaAggson@gmail.com