alia, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

Do you need to work in the state you purchase your first home in, even if you fly out to work each week nd come home each weekend?

Asked by alia, Sacramento, CA Tue Apr 30, 2013

Answers

5
There is no law that requires you to work in the state you purchase a home.
It's truly a shame that the only 2 actual lenders that responded, did so with their typical copy and paste answers that they give everyone. Frankly, it's insulting that thye don't even bother to address your question but rather use it as an opportunity to do an infomercial for their services.

You don't need to work in the state, you can buy a home regardless; financing the home may be more of an issue. For it to be considered owner occupied, you will have to prove that it is your primary residence and that can be difficult when you work out of state. This is not to say it cannot be done. It's easier if it's your only property. You will have to occupy it within a short period of time after closing and provide letters of explanation as to why you work out of state. A good loan officer should have no problem getting this done for you. There is always investor financing available if you cannot prove owner occupancy.
Web Reference: http://WeFixRates.Com
Thank you for addressing my question. It would be my only property. Would you be able to explain how I would prove owner occupancy? Thank you for your help.
Flag Wed May 1, 2013
Hard way to make a living; Actors and Singers do it a lot!
No, you are Okay.
Not in California, but if you are getting a loan and are not going to live in the house, then you will have to get a Non owner occupied loan. Contact me if you need more help.
I not sure about other states but CA does not require that you live in the state to be able to purchase here. I hope this anwsers your question.