Trisha, Home Buyer in Center City West, Ph...

Do you know anything about real estate values in Manayunk, Philadelphia. Thinking of buying a condo there

Asked by Trisha, Center City West, Philadelphia, PA Tue Jun 16, 2009

Answers

4
Trisha, Although we all love Trulia, there is that other "Z" web site that gives value estimates by zip code. And it reports Manayunk has been stable during the national housing downturn.. For example, US average home prices are down 21% since 2006; but Philadelphia City prices are almost unchanged - and- Manayunk has actually increased.

The WaterMill Condo sold out but there are some resales. There are others also. If you'd like me to pull comps, hit me up at MobeSmarter@ Gmail.com - or just call 215 266 7227. Best wishes, Joe
Web Reference: http://www.moveSmarter.com
Hi Trisha,

How are you doing? To answer your question, Manayunk/Roxborough real estate values doesn't seem to be affected as much as other parts of the world. In fact, it is actually holding it's value pretty well because houses in those areas don't tend to stay on the market for that long once a listing gets posted! I was working with a buyer that settled on a house on Monastery Avenue in Manayunk near Main Street just a few months back; and I can't believe how fast each homes were selling when I called to have 2nd showings for my buyer on certain properties!

Furthermore, Manayunk/Roxborough is like the new "Old City". I noticed that there are a lot of young college graduates who have bought themselves a place in these areas in the past few years! Many are first-time homebuyers who just got out of college. And another incentive is that they are qualified for the first-time homebuyers $8,000 tax credit if they settle in a house by November 30th, 2009. On top of that, interest rates are very low at the moment and are gradually increasing! So many buyers are taking advantage of these great benefits before it's gone!

But if you have any questions at all about any of the properties in Manayunk/Roxborough or elsewhere, please feel free to email or call me. I will do my best to assist you with your home buying process and make the transaction to be as smooth as possible for you!

Phong Lam
REALTOR®
CENTURY 21 Advantage Gold
2010 Oregon Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Business: (215) 465-1400, ext. 508
Fax: (215) 336-7793
Mobile: (267) 918-1880
Email: Phong.Lam@c21ag.com
http://www.c21ag.com
The values in Manayunk are holding up very well, when compared to other areas. However, you can still get a very nice condo/rowhome for a great price. It's a great alternative to paying for a place in Center City, and it still has that "mini-center city" feel to it. Although I'm not a Realtor, I suggest you hire one if you're going to look at buying. I know a great Realtor that really does a great job at getting good deals for her clients. She's a real "go-getter" and I'm sure you'd love working with her. If you have any questions about Manayunk or you would like her name/contact info, don't hesiatate to e-mail me...I'd love to help you out. My e-mail is d.gregori@rocketmail.com
Yes I know the values there very well. We own a condo a BridgeFive on Main Street and hase sold others in that area. Feel free to contact me at 215-817-2811.