haripurjkt, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Do you have oakwood gardens condo offered ?

Asked by haripurjkt, Houston, TX Mon Apr 29, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3024191470--Birchmont-Dr-H…

Answers

3
I have one for sale - it is all renovated - a bigger one 3 bed-2 bath, let me know if interested - jml092005@gmail.com
This is for Creekmont Forest where there are 4 units being offered at this time 26000-35000
Mnt Include: Exterior Building, Grounds, Insurance Common Area ($238-300 per month)

Oakwood Gardens has one available unit on MLS for $37000
Mnt Include: Exterior Building, Gas, Grounds, Insurance Common Area ($230 per month)
This is not a listing, but a foreclosure notice from RealtyTrac, a reporting service for financially distressed properties. The home could come on the market, or may have already been sold ... information here isn’t always current. RealtyTrac doesn’t list or sell real estate, but only compiles data from public sources. You’d have to subscribe to learn more, but such postings serve no purpose when looking for a home, so save your money.

As for that enticing number … no, it’s not what you’d pay (as RealtyTrac would like you to assume), but the amount in default. It has no relation whatsoever to the property’s value ... it’s not even close. If it were possible to purchase such a unit for so little money, it would be gone in an hour. “If it looks too good to be true ….”

Late-night infomercials notwithstanding, it’s a myth that anyone can just come on down and pick up a foreclosure for pennies on the dollar. If it were that simple, we’d all be doing it. While they may be aggressively priced at first, the strategy is to attract attention and raise the stakes through a “bidding war.” Most foreclosures end up selling for more than the asking price and close to actual value. This market is thriving and inventory is dwindling … nobody’s giving away houses these days, not even condos.

Just about all of these places need major renovation, beyond cosmetic updates. Simply put, they’re best suited for investors with deep pockets. I work with several, and see firsthand what it takes to bring such places to livable condition … it ain’t cheap.

Terms of the sale should suffice to drive all but seasoned buyers away … “as-is, where-is, with all faults.” Bottom line: it’s yours as it sits … although most contracts include an opportunity to inspect the property and void the transaction. These homes are usually in rough shape, so it’s imperative to have them checked thoroughly. The cost is totally on the buyer and not reimbursable, whether or not the sale closes. The lienholder/seller will make no allowance for repairs … “as-is, where-is” sums it up.

Ironically, you can likely purchase a great home in better condition for about the same money … possibly less, given what it would cost to get most foreclosures into shape. It will be my pleasure to work with you toward finding that special place which best suits your family’s needs. There is no cost to you as a buyer. If I may be of assistance, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards …

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon