Home Buying in Tarzana>Question Details

Akrummel, Home Buyer in Tarzana, Los Angeles,...

Do you have a real estate agent if we're interested in looking at a home in person? Suggestions?

Asked by Akrummel, Tarzana, Los Angeles, CA Mon Nov 28, 2011

$500,000 19439 Oxnard Street, Tarzana CA 91356

Answers

16
Sona Gallatin’s answer
Ahhhhhhhhh Tarzana, my hometown! Love it and still have family biz of 45 years on the boulevard:)
Anyway, I would recommend that you chose an agent to represent you and check out some listings that are available. When you see something you like, move on it because properties in Tarzana usually go quickly.
Best of luck to you, hope you find something soon:)
Akrummel:
This property has an accepted offer. Of course, you can still view the property. However, before setting up a showing, ask your Realtor to communicate with the listing agent for more details. Just because there is an accepted offer does not mean the transaction is going along smoothly. Also, if there are back up offers, you'll know what postion you stand in should you decide to move forward. Even in this economic environment properties in the Greater L.A. area are moving quickly and often with all cash offers.

Stay connected,
Renee Kische
Keller Williams-Hollywood Hills
323.377.7976
renee@bestLAliving.com
If the home is a listed home, then you should get an agent to make your offer and show you the home. The commission is built into the price of the home, part for the selling agent and part for the buyer's agent. If the buyer does not use an agent the whole amount would go to the selling agent. I would think you would like advice from someone other than the listing and selling agent especially ifthere is no cost to you from doing so!
Dear Akrummel,

I totally agree with Heather, you should not go with the listing agent and let her to write you the offer. They never recommend this, because the listing agent has fudiciary responsiblity towards the seller, how could he/she have fudiciary responsiblity towards you!!! You need to select your agent and let your agent protect you in every path of purchasing. If you wish to meet for a free consultation, you can reach me at 310-266-1102 Direct

http://www.tammybehnam.com
See the link below. Let Krista know the Rose Boas sent you.
No, you actually don't but the listing agent will then attempt to pick you up as a client, I highly wouldn't recommend that as they represent the seller. You will want you own buyers agent to schedule properties for you, find the best ones currently on the market, help you with negotiations when making your offer, and they will be a huge asset for you all the way through a successful closing of the home you purchase. Also, a buyers agent does not cost you anything, the seller pays for the buyers agents fees, so you should definitely have someone that represents you and your best interest as purchasing real estate is usually the single most expensive purchase you make in your lifetime.

I personally as a buyers agent, feel free to call me with any questions you may have or if you would like to schedule a showing for this property and others.

Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-586-0364
Find a good Realtor and have them introduce you to the loan officer they trust the most. Gather all of the support documents that will be needed to apply for a loan and meet with the LO face-to-face, have them walk you through the process and options available, good luck, home this helps,
Hi Akrummel:

What exactly are you looking for? I would be happy to help you look for a house. Please answer the following:

How many bedrooms/ bathrooms do you need?
Do you have children...are you looking at a particular school area for them to attend?
Have you been pre-qualified for a home loan? If so, what amount are you qualified for and what type of loan?
Do you want a pool? Many homes in the valley have pools.
Are you familiar with the valley?
Do you want a single family home, condo or investment property/units?

Please let me know.
Feel free to contact me directly if I may be of service to you.

All the best and good luck!

Kat Becker, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
katbecker@prula.com
(323) 819-4760
Dear Akrummel,

I do work in the Valley and Westside, whenever you are ready, just give me a call for free consultation and I will be more than happy to see how I can assist you to get the house you like.

Tammy Behnam
310-266-1102
http://www.tammybehnam.com
Feel free to call me direct at 818-903-2040. I can show you any property that is listed for sale. It helps when you work with one particular agent versus various agents on various listings. Thanks.

Sara Mehrpouyan CDPE
Rodeo Realty
Direct: 818-903-2040
Dre License #01712757

Sign Up for New Listings By Email at http://www.newlosangeleshomesearch.com
Dear Akrummel,

This property has an acceptance with 2 backup offers, cash. It has a lot of structural damages and the pool and surrounding has cracks. This is my farm: Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Encino and Sherman oaks (order by quantity...) I just put a great house on the market, last week and getting to escrow with multiple offers, in Woodland Hills.
In addition, I have 3 different certificates of expert short sale realtor, negotiator, Accredited Buyer certificate and more.
I'll be glad to help and answer any question and concerns you might have.
Ronit Bendavid,
Specialized in Short Sale & the approved expert by HUD (Housing dept.HAFA and Redfin.com in SFV
Realtor, Certified E-Pro, GRI (Graduated Realtor Institute, national), ABR (accredited buyer Rep) & SFR (Short sale)
Voted Favorite Realtor by Daily News Readers every year since 2005 and now 2011 too!!!
Pinnacle Estate Properties
18653 Ventura Blvd Suite 704
Tarzana, CA 91356
Office: 818-330-3333
Fax: 818-274-5910 / 888-220-3434
DRE # 01311212
Dear Akrummel,

I am a San Fernando Valley Prudential Cal Realty agent and know Tarzana very well. Yes, you always need a buyer's agent to represent you, put in your offer, negotiate your sale and get you through the transaction smoothly. Buying a home and getting a loan in this market has many, many pitfalls and you really need an expert to navigate for you and get your the best price and terms. As it turns out, the house at 19439 Oxnard St is already in escrow Please call me and I am glad to help..I have lots of homes to show you within your price range.

Jan Braveman
PRUDENTIAL CAL REALTY
818-439-6509
DRE # 01474894
Hi Akrummel,
This home is currently listed as "Looking For Backup," which after only 2 days on the market is impressive. But, the price is very low for a property this size and in this area. This is a short sale, and it's possible that it is priced low to get a quick offer submitted to the bank(s), possibly to avoid a scheduled auction sale. As of today, this listing already has two formal backup offers lined up. (Clearly, this deal is priced very well!).

The bank will later determine the price that they believe it to be valued at and will most likely counter the buyer's offer. There are many considerations that will go into the valuation that the bank arrives at...there may be some large deferred maintenance issues, foundation issues, etc. (The listing mentions that it needs some TLC).

Short sales can be dicey. If you've got the time to wait, then they may be worth pursuing. Generally, in the Los Angeles and valley areas, the short sales and REO's are priced at market values...possibly 5% less than market. If they are much lower than market values...then most likely the home is in need of repair and/or upgrades.

If you'd like to see similar properties in this area, feel free to contact me. Best of luck in your search!
Jayne Clement
Cell) 213/309-5005
There are some very affordable homes in Tarzana, Receda and Encino. I'd be more than willing to send you recent sales as well as current available home prices so you could assess for the right price.

Brandon Douglas
3rd Generation Los Angeles Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310.801.1333
I'm happy to show you the Oxnard property directly.
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) (310) 800-2954
http://www.thebremnergroup.com
Accredited Buyer Representative|Certified Distressed Property Expert |Pre-Foreclosure Specialist Certified
I want you to know that I appreciate any referrals from friends and associates who may be in the market to buy or sell real estate. You can count on me giving them the same high-quality service I provide to all of my clients.
I don't understand;
Why wouldn't you use a Realtor to make the appointment, look up the history of the property, do a CMA on the property, look up similar properties, and guide you through the visit without the homeowner present.
And all this attention to detail doesn't cost you a penny?

Good luck and may God bless