Heidi Z. Fos…, Real Estate Pro in Washington, DC

Do you do staging on your listings?

Asked by Heidi Z. Foster, Realtor, Washington, DC Mon Apr 21, 2014

Answers

10
Stephen FitzMaurice, Realtor’s answer
It depends on price and size. If the property is less than 1500 SF we will probably not stage. If the property is priced less than 300,000 we will probably not stage. This is typical throughout the Portland market.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 17, 2014
I work with several investors and I have purchased furniture specifically for staging their flip homes. I even recently bought an enclosed trailer to haul and store it when I am between listings. I can take it as a tax write off too! I got almost all of my furniture on CraigsList, mostly for free - you'd be SURPRISED what some people will give away just because they don't have time to sell it. Blow up mattresses on top of boxes, for height, are perfect for staging bedrooms. They also look more realistic with a headboard just leaned up against the wall behind them. Lots of accessories can be bought at discount stores and the Home Goods store is GREAT!

For normal seller listings where they are still occupying, it is also a good idea to have a stager come in and help them rearrange their furniture and accessories to better show off the home with what they already have.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 13, 2014
We stage all of our listings.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 17, 2014
Hey Heidi,

I think it depends on the appearance of the home. We both know that it doesn't cost to stage a home,it pays. It pays as it will net a profit for your client from the sale of their home and someone will get to become a new home owner - Win-Win situation. Statistics show that home staging produces a great return on investment. So if you strongly feel that your listing needs home staging I say do it. http://www.buyandsellnewhomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 22, 2014
Each listing needs some staging or new and fresh ideas do something to highlight the great features of the home
We highly recommend it to our sellers and bring in a consultant for the sellers to talk to and decide how to best move forward. We have had great success and 90+% of our listings have been staged.
Every listing of mine some sort of staging is done whether it be my tips to the seller how to prepare the house for showings to hiring a local stager on upscale homes to do everything
Heidi,

Staging can take on many faces......and can include a consultation with recommendations to a full blown complete furnishings intervention. With this said, most of our customers welcome recommendations or possibly a partial staging to minimize these costs.

We consult the sellers and decide what is best given their goals and timeline and are happy to assist with staging when that is a good fit.
ALWAYS.
Why waste time trying to get a good price for the Seller if you have not prepared the home to go on the market.