Matt Pickett, Real Estate Pro in Colorado Springs, CO

Do you currently use a navigation system for showing properties?

Asked by Matt Pickett, Colorado Springs, CO Wed May 25, 2011

Answers

15
Hi Matt,

Funny enough, the first thing I disclose to my clients when we are looking at property is that I am one of THE MOST directionally challenged people out there!! I know my neighborhoods and price buckets however getting from point A to B has never been a strength of mine.

So for me, when I have my list of properties to show from the MLS, I print the map view and figure out my route based on where I am meeting clients first.

Then I put all addresses in my in-dash GPS. I always have my mobile navigation as every now and then my GPS won't recognize an address. Between my phone and in-dash GPS, I can get about anywhere.

The save time for my clients, I generally input all the address before I meet with them.

Brooke Hengst
REALTOR, CDPE
Your Castle Real Estate
(720) 988 5952
bhengst1@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.brookehengst.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 26, 2011
GPS is a must in this industry. Getting lost is no fun. It also helps show homes in a much shorter time than usual using the multiple destinations feature on most gps systems.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 25, 2011
Absolutely..I bought the Garmin and it works great. I wouldn't be without one these days. Hopefully by the time you read this, you have already purchased one.

Phyllis
Absolutely! I have a navigation system as well as OnStar in my car just in case, for a back up. It has helped me tremendously.

Kristi DeFazio
RE/MAX Advantage
719-459-5469
Yes, but I also map it through MapQuest before, so I know approximate location. Most of the time, GPS will take you to places thorugh strange routes...
Wouldn't want to go back to working without one. We bought Garmin Nuvi 1490s...in part because they are set up to do a route with multiple properties...which is handy when doing lots of showings. I personally prefer one of these to one built into the car since I can enter the property list while sitting in the office...or have someone else do it...and can hand it to a client if they want to drive by a bunch of properties on their own.
Have used one for 4 years and think they are great. Better than printing out wrong directions from mapquest or following the Wrong directions from the Listing Agent on the MLS...
Comes in quite handy as I cover (4) Counties. Have one built in one car and also on my phone. great investment and pretty much a must for Realtors®
The use of a navigation system is one of the best recent technology innovations to hit the real estate market. It allows for easier multi tasking and a safer experience for all parties.

The Google Navigation and Map Apps on my Droid smart phone are usefull tools as well for showing you where you are and giving you directions to a destination. It even knows which direction I am facing and can track me while I am walking to a destination.
The GPS has given me confidence to show in areas I don't routinely cover, so I can expand my horizons.....I dont have to worry about getting lost! What a pleasure!

Thank goodness for it!
Yes I have a Tom-Tom GPS and Google Maps on smartphone.
I wouldn't leave the office without them. I always load the addresses
for my showings so I have a planned route.
Yes, it comes in very handy even if you know where you are going. Mine has live traffic updates and will route you around traffic jams if there is a better route to take at that particular point in time.
Hey Matt,

I have been in Highlands Ranch recently and the suburbs make me wish I had a GPS, (way, loop, circle, st, ave). I had mapquest create a route for 8 homes last week and it worked like a charm. When I work on the Denver grid I am fine without a GPS.

Aloha,
Jaryd
Yes of course, my GPS is one of my best investments.