butler resid…, Home Owner in Los Angeles, CA

Do you check the accuracy of the information (square footage, picture of the property etc.) that you publish?

Asked by butler residence, Los Angeles, CA Tue Apr 23, 2013

Answers

11
We check, double-check, and check again.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 24, 2013
I always check with the state tax record.
The information is provided by the tax assessors office. Realtors generally do not check the accuracy of home or lot square footage. After viewing home it is easy the check the accuracy of bedrooms and bathrooms. Most times tax records are correct with bedrooms and bathrooms. But some homes have illegal add-on. If tax records are stating 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and viewing is showing 3 bedrooms 4 baths there is a possibility that 2 bath maybe illegal. In other instances, especially on apartment building I have found that in some case the tax records does not have correct bedrooms and bathrooms. In other cases, with apartment building owner may have illegally added bedrooms or bathrooms. Question seller if there is differences from tax records in bedrooms and bathrooms from tax records. If buyers question home and lot square footage professional will have to be hired for accuracy.
Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP
310.853.9933
I check what I publish but information is taken from tax records and many times we find mistakes there and it is spread around to other sites. Check with a local agent about a specific house that is listed for the correct information. Tom Inglesby, Broker REMAX
Dear Butler,
I recommend you connect with a professional licensed Realtor to get timely and accurate information about property for sale.
Most information in internet sites comes from public records and is not verified. Sometimes highly inaccurate. If you need exact information, you should work with a professional licensed real estate agent and not rely on internet sites.

If you find my answer useful, please give it a thumbs up!

Ron
Yes and even read the county & city file if needed.

Albert Goldberg Broker
800-765-3609
ALYourBroker@yahoo.com
As a buyer, you should do your own investigation with city.. Realtors ususally pull the records of property from the county tax assessor, PUBLIC RECORDS. That is why we cannot guarantee accuracy. Pictures are taken or professionally taken depending on Realtors and what they individually do to market a property.
Due diligence! Gotta make sure you're putting out good info, to protect both your professional reputation and yourself from suit. Now, that doesn't mean there won't be some errors made, that's what errors and ommissions insurance is for. But if you've done a reasonable job of checking, you should be covered!
Hello, Your question is really unclear.
AS an agent, we do not measure the sq ft of any property. We transcribe what is already on public records. THE MLS will show what is the source of the information. AS means it is as per the assessor's measurement. Very often the property is different, usually bigger than the assessed value. That happens when the owners have done some addition to the house.
When it comes to the property, the agent takes the photos, or hires a professional photographer to do it. I am not quite sure what is there to check about the accuracy of the photos. Did you have any experience where the photos did not match the property? It could be that the house was furnished at the time of the photo shoot and when you go and see it , it's ghost town, everything is gone.
Have a great day!

Muriel Levin
Reliable Broker Realtor in the Greater Los Angeles area
Agence Immobiliere a Los Angeles, francophone pour mieux vous servir.
HAFA Certified, CN., Short sale Foreclosure Resource specialist
Muriel Levin @ Gmail.com

(323)363+9140
DRE License 01715051
Yes - I always check property records.

____________________  
Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell   

Call me 424-777-9377 -  FREE CONSULTATION!   

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777.  

Sergey Fednov  
President - Realtor®  
- Trust Sale Realty -  
Residential & Commercial Real Estate  
_______________________________  
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55  
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855  
Phone: 424-777-9377  
Fax: 310-356-4925 http://www.TrustSale.com  http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com  
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents -  
Lic# 01896869