Home Buying in Leander>Question Details

Van41304@gma…, Home Buyer in

Do you as realtors have more access to home listings than the average Joe? Or do you search trulia, zillow, etc. for your customers?

Asked by Van41304@gmail.com, Mon Jun 17, 2013

Answers

17
The short answer to your question is "Yes", we have more access than you do.

Realtors got together and created a database called "Multiple Listing Services", that we share with other Realtors and agencies via a membership fee. We pay a substantial fee, per month, to be able to view the properties on that database. The MLS is a live feed and is updated multiple times per day, so we know it's accurate.

Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com and other public websites take their feeds from local MLS's, but they are updated far less frequently, so it's not uncommon to find the information outdated. So clients often ask us about properties they've found on one of the public sites, that have been sold long ago.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
With all due respect to our hosts here at Trulia, and their competitors at Zillow, it would be a cold day in a historically hot place when I went to either site to find listings for my clients.

Instead, what usually happens is that my clients eagerly email me with their surprise "finds" on these sites, only to learn that I have either already given them these listings, or that the properties have long since been sold and closed upon.

No offense.
Way to go Mack!

Van,
No effective real estate professional would be caught using Trulia, or Zillow to find homes for their customers.
-
Be aware, some agents are not REALTORS(R). This select group of professionals are the ones who create the data you find in the Miltiple Listing Service (MLS). Those agents who are not REALTORS(R) must troll these aggergate websits fo find homes for sale for their buyers. Real estate agents who are not REALTORS(R) do not have access to the MLS, therefore are relgated to internet trolling.
-
A recent west coast study revealed that 30% of homes shown for sale on aggregate real estate websites are already sold. Further, the study revealed, that new homes listed appear up to seven days after they appeared on professional real estate websites.Using aggregate websites to find home for sale or to gather statisicat data is a fools folly.
-
You should be aware, many agents have four levels of marketing they complete BEFORE a home appears on the MLS! The average "JOE" puts a sign in the yard and submits to the MLS. The multi-dimensional real estate consultant will have the home sold BEFORE it reaches the MLS. This assessibility is reserved for those who are SERIOUS about pruchasing a home. Their serious intent must be demonstrated, not simply articulated.
-
Isn't it exceptional that the consumer has a choice regarding how they want to find a home?
All they need to decide is, "How serious am I?"
Then contact a 'JOE' go for a troll, or pick up the phone.l

Best of success
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 18, 2013
We have more up to date information. As your buyers agent, the seller will usually pay my fee...so, why would you not use a REALTOR? I'd love to help you find your next home, so give me a call and we can discuss your needs.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 17, 2013
Realtors use authentic website called MLS - used by all Realtors to post homes for sale, and appraisers.

Other websites can be a waste of time buyers, or tenants search for fact they are not updated VS. MLS updated per second of the day.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
https://twitter.com/Lynn911

(If my answer is helpful indicate by THUMBS UP or BEST ANSWER. Thank you )
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 17, 2013
Please sit down and have a cup of coffee with a Realtor;
you will pleasantly surprised.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 17, 2013
we use our multiple listing services that we pay for, which is where Trulia, etc gets their feeds. So, yes we have more information on the properties.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 17, 2013
Ann, I know in the Ft Myers MLS, most of the rentals are not listed. Many of the property management companies either are not Realtors or just don't want to cobroke their rentals.
Last year, I ran into a Realtor who was using newspaper ads to help her client find a rental. When my client laughed at the situation, I couldn't help but agree. I feel the same way about an agent looking to show homes based on Trulia or Zillow. Either they're very new to the industry, or aren't professionals.

Now, that's in incredibly urban and transient Miami, and I imagine things could be different in other places.
Van,
I may be able to recommend some real estate professionals for you area. Are you looking to buy in Leander?
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
Van,
Alan's answer is correct. In addition we network with agents in other MLS systems to help our clients.
Van,
Realtors pay to access the MLS - a database that the local Realtor association creates and maintains. Often times - in order to serve consumers better - the MLS feeds the MLS data to companies like Trulia, Zillow etc. Trulia, Zillow enhance the consumer experience by providing better view of the data, easier searches etc. Overall, the consumer benefits most.

Yes, real estate agents have more in depth and more up-to-the-minute information on listings through their MLS memberships. They provide that information to their clients to help them in the decision-making when buying or selling a home.
Are you in the market to buy or sell?
Steffy
I pay to get access to the. MLS so I can provide my clients with up to date information about homes that fit their need and wants. The sites you mention often have outdated information and make money on advertising. If you are a buyer remember my service is free to you. So contact me - I wll make sure you are taken care of properly
Typically, I have pocket listings and listings in the MLS system that are not listed on Trulia or elsewhere. Mack is right, Truila and Zillow are primarily for the buyers.
Mack, you did it again..........took the words right out of my mouth.
I cannot say it any better than Mark.
We definitely have more access to listings than the Average Joe! :)
We are part of the multiple listing service, which means we have access to every single listing (aside from "for sale by owners") in and around the Austin area. We have connections with other Realtors, which means that we have the inside scoop from them as well, in regards to anything that will be coming onto the market soon,etc.

Is is definitely worth the time and effort to have a Realtor assist, if that is what you are wondering.

I would love to answer any additional questions you may have.

Thanks :)

Trinity Valero
(512) 626-2262
trinityv@kw.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trinity-Valero-Austin-Realtor…