Home Buying in Cape Coral>Question Details

Cliff Woodha…, Real Estate Pro in Cape Coral, FL

Do you agree that Southwest Florida often has a big temperature difference than Orlando or Tampa during key winter season months ?

Asked by Cliff Woodhall & Michelle M, Cape Coral, FL Thu Dec 13, 2012

Answers

7
Absolutely! We are warmer during the winter. But we get a better breeze during the summer cause of the water.

I am guessing it is about a 10 degree difference easy.

Have a Beautiful Day!
Web Reference: http://ackermanswfl.com
Somewhat... I find anywhere south of Lake Okeechobee is warmer temperatures and more tropical! I have been a scuba diver since 1990 and also find that the water temperatures are warmer for diving as well.. not a big differential thermoclines! I am also full local realtor living in the Soutwest Florida area full time since1985... loving it! Nice to meet everyone...Happy Holidays!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 23, 2012
Cliff,

It's not a matter of agreeing....it's a scientific fact that winter temperatures in south Florida are considerable warmer that central and north Florida locations. To take this one step further, Key West winter temperatures are higher than south Florida temps...another scientific fact.......

It's usually even warmer in Miami!
Sorry Cliff...didn't realize you were an agent posting a retorical question, thought your were a buyer who was really curious about the market. Wouldn't have wasted your time if I had...
Cliff...
Florida is a very long state! Up north, in Jax, they get very cold in winter relative to the southern part of the state, and each city further south gets a little bit warmer as you go. I have been involved in a snowball fight in St Augustine, but here in Key West we can say we are the ONLY city in the continental US that has never seen frost, so you can see there's a big difference as you move south. The Gulf of Mexico is also shallower and generally warmer than the Atlantic Ocean, so I think the west coast is a bit more protected from cold than the east coast of Florida. If warmth really matters, you might want to consider the American Caribbean, here in the Florida Keys! (I wrote a recent blog on that very topic: http://www.trulia.com/blog/jim_olive/2012/09/key_west_real_e…)

Best of luck with your purchase. I was born in Fort Myers and lived in Cape Coral for years, so I know those are good choices as well...Jim
Yes I think there is a temperature line somewhere around Tampa and down here in SW Florida it is always warmer :)