Home Buying in Aurora>Question Details

mila antonik, Home Buyer in Aurora, CO

Do we have an opportunity to buy a townhome if we are low income first-time home buyers? We have a good credit history.

Asked by mila antonik, Aurora, CO Wed Dec 18, 2013

Answers

9
Stapleton has some awesome row home style attached dwellings. There are a number of them on the market right now which are income limited, which sounds like it would be perfect for your situation. There are lots of down payment assistance programs that various counties and lenders offer as well.

Feel free to contact me anytime, I'd be happy to chat and help out however I can.

Greg Charlton
Wisdom Real Estate Buyers Specialist
gcharlton@wisdomrealestate.net
303-349-0249
Yes, there are options for low-income buyers. There are affordable townhomes as well as programs like the NSP (Neighborhood Stabilization Program) where you can receive assistance/subsidy to offset the difference in the sales price and your qualifying amount. This year I have sold three properties on the HOME Access program for people with disabilities, two NSP homes and one deed-restricted home. Please call me if you are looking for a realtor that can assist with any or all of these programs.

Jacqueline Jenkins, Broker Associate
HOMESMART Realty Group
720-971-3377
There are definitely programs available for your situation. CHAFA has programs where you could do as little as $1000 down to get into a home. I also work with a lender that can couple that CHAFA loan with a MCC which is a Mortgage Credit Certificate which would allow you to get a tax credit for the lifetime of the loan with a maximum of $2000 per year. Where this would come in handy is the lender will use this credit to qualify your income to allow you more purchasing power. If you are interested I would be happy to discuss this further with you. You can reach me at 720-935-7370 direct.
There are multiple options available, without additional specifics I can't tell you which would work best.
Feel free to give me a call, text or email with any questions. I'd be happy to help you.

Eric Carr
m.720.343.6042
ecarr@dardanorealty.com
There are a lot of good programs for first time home buyers. The first step in your home buying process should be to meet with a mortgage broker to find out what you are eligible for. This will also give you an idea of what price range you can afford. Once you have that information you can look for homes that will meet your budget and keep from wasting your time looking at homes outside of your price range. I know some good honest mortgage brokers. If you would like there contact information feel free to call or text me at 720-384-6573.

Jonathan Benecke
360dwellings
Jonathan@360dwllings.com
If you have good credit you have excellent chances for buying. CHAFA and other governement programs still exist for first time buyers. Feel free to call me directly for additional information.

Ann Torgerson, 303-522-5922
There are many programs available to you. The one I would mention right away is the Aurora Hope assistance program. My clients lender just did one for them and they were wry happy.

If you would like to discuss it more, feel free to contact me through email or phone/text.

Brian Smith
Briansmith@themeridianteam.com
(720) 490-1687
There is a lit that goes into considering someone for a home loan. There are certain DTI (Debt to income) ratios that we have to abide by. There are several optins for you. I would be more than happt to chat with you and see what i would be able to do to assist you in this porcess.

Thank You!
Without much information, maybe, maybe not; therefore if purchasing with a mortgage, for a personalized answer visit with any licensed loan officer; be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.