drbhay, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

Do physician loans still exist wtih little down/No PMI.?

Asked by drbhay, San Diego, CA Fri Mar 1, 2013

13 votes Share Flag Home Buying in 92130

Answers

83
Yes there are a lot of great doctor loan programs out there from great lenders like Bank of America, SunTrust, Citizens and several others. If you're looking for an easy state-by-state list check out http://www.leveragerx.com/physician-mortgages for a comparison of the programs and loan officers to contact. Hope this helps.
Whoa....

There are TONs of folks out there (many from the same bank). It seems like every bank in the country is coming up with their very own "physician mortgage". Each bank's guidelines are different so you may not qualify for one but maybe a perfect match for another. If only there was only a comparison site that broke down the actual lender guidelines by state... THERE IS!

Check out http://www.physicianbanks.com or look up #physicianbanks to compare the guidelines (as submitted by users) and call the bank that fits your needs best.
This site looks like my 8 year old daughter's first coding project
Flag Thu Jun 23, 2016
This site is terrible. Not user friendly at all.
Flag Thu Jun 23, 2016
Of course they exist.

http://www.doctorloans.io
Flag Tue Jun 14, 2016
I used this site to find the best guy for me in New York
Flag Wed Jun 8, 2016
Two thumbs up...I found a very knowledgeable loan officer from Citizens Bank who guided me through and simplified my cross country transition.
Flag Tue May 24, 2016
Found the loan that was right for me on physicianbanks.com as well. Suntrust had the best option for me.
Flag Tue May 24, 2016
Found multiple options in my state of Ohio
Flag Thu May 12, 2016
ditto
Flag Fri Feb 14, 2014
I concur... great place to get the info needed.
Flag Tue Feb 4, 2014
This is a perfect website! It is very relevant to physicians and doctor loans.
Flag Mon Jan 27, 2014
Yes! Here in San Diego, one of the lenders that I work with through Bank of America do physician loans. I don't know what the points are or the required down, but I can put you through to my lender and she can help. She and I work in North County, so we are very local!

Nancy Bergman
Realtor - Cal BRE #01893550
Keller Williams- Carmel Valley/ Del Mar
12780 High Bluff Dr #130
San Diego, CA 92130
Cell (858) 617-9449
Email - nbergman1@live.com
website - http://www.sandiegohomesbynancy.com
Thank you, Nancy for Geri's number at B of A. I appreciate your help!
Flag Fri Apr 3, 2015
Hello, i'm an anesthesiologist in the Los Angeles area and Fred Hall with BBVA Compass helped me purchase my condo in Venice using a physician loan they offer.

At the time I closed my loan, Fred could lend a physician up to $1,750,000 with a reduced down payment without mortgage insurance. I personally only had to put down 5% on a $1M loan. It's far and away the best loan deal I could find for that size of a loan.

In addition, after I closed on my loan, mortgage rates continued to decrease and Fred was able to reduce my rate with a low cost modification, which means I got to lower my rate on my 30yr fixed without having to do a full refinance and all the hassle that would normally bring.

I have referred many fellow physician colleagues to Fred and they have all been highly satisfied with the entire process. At least 5 physicians from my group have bought their homes through Fred with the physician loan since I referred them.

I know you can also get the physician loan for refinances, construction loans, and renovation loans as well, but the physician loan is only available in CA, AZ, CO, NM, TX, AL, and FL.

I put his info below for you. I highly recommend you contact Fred if you are a physician looking to buy a home. Good luck!

Fred Hall
V.P. Senior Mortgage Banking Officer
Office: 916-913-LOAN (5626)
fred.hall@bbvacompass.com

Respectfully,

G. O'Neill, MD
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 5, 2013
I'm a Realtor and licensed broker in Los Angeles who specializes in physicians and nurses as clients, as I come from a medical family.
I've used Fred Hall as well for several of my doctors and he's done a great job.
http://www.PhysicianRealEstateSpecialist.com
Flag Fri May 30, 2014
what score are necessary>??
Flag Sat Jan 11, 2014
Yes, they totally do. I've worked with several physician clients this year at UCSF and CPMC through the BBVA Compass program. The transactions were all in the $1m - $1.5m range and they were very happy with the experience and the opportunity it gave them within a short time period after finishing residencies/fellowships to be able to buy in a competitive market. My clients were all happy that they could buy sooner than if they had needed 20% down. Once you have 20% equity in your property, you can do a re-fi too to drop the rate.

I am pretty sure BBVA's program also applies for dentists and attorneys.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 30, 2013
My understanding is that the BBVA loan applies to attorneys and CPAs in addition to physicians.
Flag Wed Oct 1, 2014
100% Financing, No PMI - Low rates - Doctor Loans do exist - regardless of your medical tenure.

The Medical Center Director we spoke to recently at our local Hospital provided the following as a contact:
If you are an MD, Resident or Established Physician - the following bank rep will provide you with 0% (zero) down 100% loan and NO PMI, No origination fee and Preferred Client rate, and standard costs. The rates are the lowest my group has found.

Asst. Vice President / Sr. Mortgage Officer / Tom R. Callahan / thomas.callahan@53.com
904-591-6722
Fifth Third Savings

Mr. Callahan has apparently been recognized nationally as a ranking leader within the mortgage industry and has assisted hundreds of Physicians within Emory University Medical Center and Piedmont Hospital per my staff in the Atlanta area.

Lending within Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, Missouri, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania per the literature we were provided.

Best wishes to you! T Jacobs, PhD / Broker

https://secure.53.com/mlo/thomascallahan
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 15, 2013
Celestevill,
Doctor of Osteopathy is eligible for the Fifth Third Doctor Loan.
Jay Meadors
Mortgage Loan Officer
Fifth Third Mortgage
317-788-3002
Flag Mon Nov 25, 2013
It sounds like you don't allow loans to D.O., which are also physicians but not MD's. Is that correct?
Flag Tue Nov 19, 2013
Hi Drbhay,

Yes Physician loans are available and they offer resident/new physicians an inexpensive way to get their foot in the door. Depending on what county/zip code you are planning on purchasing in, the amount down can vary.

Mark DeWitt
V.P. Branch Manager
HomeStreet Bank
(858) 212-7054 Direct
(760) 331-2063 Fax
Mark.DeWitt@HomeStreet.com
http://www.homestreet.com/mdewitt
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-dewitt/3b/100/59b/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 13, 2013
The program does exist -
The Medical Center Director we spoke to recently provided the following as a contact:
If you are an MD, Resident or Established Physician - the following bank rep will provide you with 0% (zero) down 100% loan and No MI with Preferred Client rate and standard costs.

Asst. Vice President / Sr Mortgage Officer / Tom R. Callahan / thomas.callahan@53.com
Fifth Third, 904-591-6722.
Lending within Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, Missouri, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire.

Mr. Callahan has apparently been recognized nationally as a ranking leader within the mortgage industry and has assisted hundreds of Physicians within the UPMC hospital centers as well as Shepherd Center Hospital and Emory University Hospital in my home town.

Best wishes to you! Tyler J. - PhD
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Assuming your credit, etc, meet the qualifying standards - you can 95% up to 1mil with no PMI. Must be a primary home.

Jumbo Mortgage Source
Specializing in 95% Jumbo loans
Serving home buyers in all 50 states
Ph: (800) 962-0677
Cadence Bank still has up to 100% financing with no MI requirement up to $!M. Same loan applies to Dentists, Pharmacist, Attorneys, CPAs, Engineers, Architects, and PHD Level Professors.
Drew can be reached at 713-334-3118
Flag Thu Apr 21, 2016

I wanted to chime in and offer an update for 2016. The physician loan with no PMI does still exist and there are more lenders than ever. Rates are extremely competitive and now is a good time to buy in many markets.

Our site has an extensive physician mortgage FAQ as well as in-depth articles on a variety of topics that might answer any further questions. If you're wondering about the documentation you'll need or what are the differences between a doctor loan and a conventional mortgage, come visit our site.

Best of luck.
Yes they do. Please go to http://californiaphysicianhomeloans.com/ for more info or go to http://physicianmtg.com/ and get a free copy of my book, "Why Physician Home Loans Fail, How to Avoid the Land Mines for a Flawless Home Purchase".
I've it up to 1,000.000 with 95% LTV and up to 1,500,000 with 90% LTV
please contact me:

https://mortgage.bankofamerica.com/alexgarcia
Welcome to Mazwe Financial Service,A home of financial solution for you. Are you looking for any kind of loan, and you do not know how to obtain or apply for it.you do not have to over stress your self any more for we are here for you we are here to help you out from your financial problems and difficulties if you are in need of any kind of loan we are fully ready and willing to grant you the amount of loan funds you are looking for.Email us at: {mazwefinancialservices@gmail.com}
Your question has been answered ! Good Luck!
Cadence Bank offer 100% financing, up to $1MM, no MI, for Physicians in Texas, Alabama, Florida and Mississippi.

Corey Langsdale
Cadence Bank Mortgage Banker
NMLS 839857
(713)330-6537
Yes. Cadence Bank. Call Drew for details 713-334-3118
Debt Consolidation Loan & Personal Loans Up to R750,000

Personal, Consolidation Business Loan Offer, Apply Now very easy

LOAN FOR SA CITIZENS APPLY, Get rid of your Debts so that you can be happy like others

Business Loans from R10,000 to R10,000,000

Fast Approved Loans, Bad Credit Welcome..100% Guaranteed

Consolidation Loans upto 2m Rand @ 5%(No Credit check,same day pay out)

Debt Consolidation Loans turn all your monthly installments into one small payment

For Quick and Genuine Loan Contact us Blacklisted and debt review are welcome you can apply

We offer the following Loans to interested and minded individual

Requirements:

3 Month bank statements to date latest salary must reflect.
Clear copy of ID Book.
Latest payslip if weekly or commission 4 latest pay slips
NB: Work and cell numbers
Contact us today: firstdirectloansplc@gmail.com
What about Veterinarians in Southern California? My wife and I are both Veterinarians if that helps. Looking for less than 5% down, no PMI and around $650,000 tops.
Obviously, reading this BLOG, there are many programs available. One issue nearly every physician faces is student loans. Private student loan refinance offers a very viable and sensible way to reduce your monthly outlay. Why? Interest rates are very low.

You can run a complete analysis at http://www.nextstudent.com and see just what is available.
There are many options in the growing Jumbo Mortgage Market now including 5% down to $850k loan amount or 10% down to $1.5m. It also is not occupation specific. The 5% down requires MI.
Yes i guess physicians are welcome to have a loan.
Is there a program for optometrists in Mississippi?
You can ask the advice from Realtors .. or ask from bank if they do allowed Physician loans
I just went through purchasing a home via a physician's mortgage program. I found BBVA Compass to be terrible and a waste of time while 2 people were outstanding. One was Kent Froblom at Umpqua Bank, 707-444-6111. The other was Mark Dewitt at Homestreet Bank, (858) 212-7054 Direct.

Kent and Mark have many options to choose from and I have to recommend both of them. I'm not sure what states Umpqua lends (they are out of the Northwest) but am pretty sure Homestreet lends in all 50 states. I have no financial interest in this. I have researched this area at length and these 2 are hands down the best out there.
My name is Dr. Muhammed Khan and I am a General Surgeon in California. I am very busy in my job and needed a loan that was not going to take a lot of my time. I submitted my W2s, current paystub, and bank statements and I was done. 5% down, no PMI, and a low rate.

David Hager's Team with BBVA Compass Bank made so easy! I would recommend to give him a call or email.

I usually don't get on the internet and comment, however he did a great job. Here is his information if anyone is interested.

Thank you David Hager Team and his contact information is;

david.hager@bbva.com
904-564-8657
904-612-6084
Yes we still offer 100% financing up to $650,000 loan amount in most markets at Regions Mortgage

This program is for medical doctors (MD) and dentists.(DDS)

check out http://www.regionsmortgage.com/scottwells and submit a request for information
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 26, 2014
Yes Doctor/ Physician loans are still available! Hi, my name is Matt Albert (NMLS# 658999) and I am a Doctor/ Physician Loan Specialist with Citizens Charter One Home Loans. I have been specifically working with physicians for over 12 years. We cover licensed medical physicians, residents, interns and fellows, which include MDs (Medical Doctors), DOs (Doctors of Osteopathy) along with DMDs and DDS (including Dental Surgeons, Orthodontists and General Dentists). We offer our Doctor Program in the following states:

Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, D.C., West Virginia. Additional States are allowed on an exception basis.

If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me for details as we are NOT allowed to share guidelines of the program in online forums.

Matt Albert
Physician Loan Specialist
Mortgage Loan Officer
NMLSR # 658999
Citizens Charter One Home Loans
Phone - (336) 471-1825
Fax -(844) 574-2618
matthew.albert@charteronebank.com
Any in Colorado? Referral welcome/needed
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 22, 2014
Hello Drbhay,

The answer is YES.

I know that this is a bit of an old post, but I wanted to get this information out there so that others can benefit from this information. We offer a 95% Doctor Loan (also available to Dentists and Optometrist) in all 50 states (max loan amt $850k). If you are interested please message me for more information.

Neil R Vandehey
NMLS ID 403944
Bank of America Home Loans
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 16, 2014
hello Doctor - Yes, I offer Physician loans with no mortgage insurance. The down-payment is 10% and it does not have to be all of your own money.

Loan amounts up to 1.5M

Contact me at 858-805-5347 or bryan.horn@wellsfargo.com
Yep, for those of you still looking for someone that specializes in Doctor Loans (mortgages and unsecured loans), I've been doing them for over 12 years. You can call me anytime 336-462-0467.
Are there specific loans that apply to physicians? For instance, physician specific home loans? And are these loans specifically for the addresses of medical practices, or are they more for the homes of physicians? I'm just not very clear on it.
http://www.dmcloans.com/loanOptions/Featured/
Conventional No Mortgage Insurance Program
Minimum credit score of 680
3 percent down payment and no up-front or monthly mortgage insurance
All KHC DAPs applicable
No minimum borrower contribution
No reserves required

--

Joel Lobb
Senior Loan Officer
(NMLS#57916)

American Mortgage Solutions, Inc.
800 Stone Creek Pkwy, Ste 7,
Louisville, KY 40223

phone: (502) 905-3708
Fax: (502) 327-9119
kentuckyloan@gmail.com

Company ID #1364 | MB73346
http://mylouisvillekentuckymortgage.com/
Yes, GOOD NEWS as there are lenders that provide for little to no down payment and NO PMI. I am updating my response from 8-14-14 and shown below. I am a Mortgage Consultant with The Bank of Nashville, a division of Synovus Bank. We've updated our Physician Mortgage guidelines and wanted to share these with Physicians considering a purchase. This loan program is for the folloiwng: Md, DO, DDS, DPM or DMD.

Borrower must have a personal deposit relationship with Synovus Bank prior to closing the loan.

We have removed the 10 year guideline which means we can offer the Physician's mortgage even if you have been out of residency or fellowship more than 10 years!

We're offering 100% up to $750,000, 95% up to $1 million, 85% to $1.5m and 80% to $2m. for primary residences, either single family homes or condos. We require good credit but the BNI score & credit risk are more heavily weighted than your actual credit score. We also have the ability to help clients 'rescore' their credit which helps if there are errors on their report or they plan to paydown significant credit card debt which often helps the BNI score & credit risk score.

Physician's looking to refinance or refinance with cash out can utilize our Physician's mortgage program. LTV vary, so call for more info. We can also help doctors purchasing their second homes/vacation homes with 85% financing up to $1 million. THey must be attending doctors and already out of residency.

We offer the Dr and Dentist loan in TN, GA, AL, NC, SC, MS and FL.

As a top producing Mortgage Consultant for the past 20 years, my goal is to ensure my client has a great mortgage experience and we will guarantee an "on-time" closing. You may not recognize the Synovus brand name, but you may know us as one of the 30+ community banks that are located throughout the Southeast. I'm here in Nashville, TN and our community bank is called The Bank of Nashville & can close loans in any of the states shown above.

Call me and let me tell you more!

Alene Gnyp
NMLS#659293
Vice President
Mortgage Consultant
2022 West End Ave.
Nashville, TN 37203

Work 615.271.2111
Cell 615.582.2334
alenegnyp@bankofnashville.com
http://www.synovusmortgage.com/alenegnyp
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 4, 2014
Yes, working with a couple now who are using SunTrust to secure this type of financing. They are one of a just a few banks that provide it at this time - another is Wells.

Good luck and best,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service,Unsurpassed Results
Any available in NE? Thanks!
Any available in NE? Thanks!
Here at Regions Bank in Dallas, we offer 100% physician loan program up to a $650,000 loan amount. The minimum credit score is 700, and the physician must be less than 7 years in practice(starts from date of residency or fellowship completion). The property must be a single family home, or town home(PUDs also ok).
We recently updated our minimum credit score to 720 for this program. We did remove the 7 years or less in practice requirement though which opens up the doctor/dentist program to more prospective clients. We are still 100% to $650,000 and 5% down to $750,000 loan amount with no PMI with very competetive rates.
Flag Tue May 26, 2015
Physician mortgages are offered at Regions Bank in Texas.

100% financing up to $650,000 with no PMI

check out http://www.regionsmortgage.com/scottwells

or email at scott.wells@regions.com
Great News! I'm a Mortgage Consultant with Synovus Mortgage/The Bank of Nashville and we offer Physician Mortgages! We can finance 100% of the sales price up to $1 million with NO PMI and No prepayment penalty. We offer both a 30 yr fixed & a 15 yr fixed or a 3, 5 or 7 yr ARM.

Our Physician Loan program is available to licensed medical physicians, residents, fellows & interns who are purchasing their primary residence. The doctor must either be an MD (Medical Doctor), DO (Doctor of Osteopathy), DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine), DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) or DPM (Doctor of Podiatric Medicine).

I've helped hundreds of doctors throughout the Southeast as they relocate and can finance a home in TN, GA, AL, SC and FL. We can finance 100% for both a single family home, town house or a condo.

As a top producing Mortgage Consultant for the past 20 years, my goal is to ensure my client has a great mortgage experience and we will guarantee an "on-time" closing. A personal deposit relationship with Synovus Bank prior to closing the loan is required and I can assist with introducing a doctor to one of our fabulous private bankers to open up a new bank account. You may not recognize the Synovus brand name, but you may know us as one of the 30+ community banks that are located throughout the Southeast. I'm here in Nashville, TN and our community bank is called The Bank of Nashville.

Call me and let me tell you more!

Alene Gnyp
NMLS#659293
Vice President
Mortgage Consultant
2022 West End Ave.
Nashville, TN 37203

Work 615.271.2111
Cell 615.582.2334
alenegnyp@bankofnashville.com
Do lawyer loans exist? If so, referrals would be welcome!
Yes, Contact my Officer at BBVA Compass her name is Kimberly Norman. She has helped many partner at my firm in a few states. Phone 512-371-5006 or email kimberly.norman@bbvacompass.com
Flag Fri Aug 1, 2014
yes, I lend in Mass. 5% down no PMI medical professional loans
I'm a Realtor and licensed broker in Los Angeles who specializes in physicians and nurses as clients, as I come from a medical family and worked as a healthcare researcher and hospital I.T. consultant for many years.
I've used a number of different lenders for my physician and attorney clients who offer these specialized loan programs for which medical or law school debt is not counted in DTI scores. The amounts financed were in some cases over $1 million and there was no PMI. All the sales closed and the loan officers from each lender did a good job.
Monique Bryher, MSPH
Hi drbhay,

Yes, physician loans are available and with as little as 5% down depending on your qualifications and where you are purchasing. They key is to align yourself with a Bank that can close on time, will service the loan, and has a competitive price on a variety of products.

Mark DeWitt
V.P. Branch Manager
HomeStreet Bank
(858) 212-7054 Direct
(760) 331-2063 Fax
Mark.DeWitt@HomeStreet.com
http://www.homestreet.com/mdewitt
Hello...

Yes physician loans do exist with no down payment or PMI. I work with physicians all over the country and have developed a state by state list of lenders who offer physician loans. Products vary by state and lender. Would be happy to answer additional questions should you need more assistance.

Brian Beldner
MedRealty
314-787-7429
brian.beldner@medrealty.com
WASHINGTON TRUST MORTGAGE COMPANY IN BRAINTREE MASSACHUSETTS SPECIALIZES IN THESE LOANS CALL TODAY! 800-475-2265 X 3619
1 2