Melmac, Home Buyer in Virginia Beach, VA

Do nurses qualify for HUDs Good Neighbor Next Door?

Asked by Melmac, Virginia Beach, VA Mon Apr 13, 2009

Answers

3
A good old fashioned FHA loan may be a good option for you if this program turns out to not be what you were expecting. I've never personally done one of these loans, although we used to do mycommunity loans which had certain benefits for teachers, nurses, firefighters, etc..
You should be able to find complete information about the Good Neighbor Next Door program at http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/reo/goodn/gnndabot.cfm. One feature I like about this site is you can ask a question via e-mail if you don't see the answer you are looking for on the website. While geared towards law enforcement personnel, teachers, firefighters, and emergency medical technicians, you should be able to find out if nurses qualify for this great opportunity by checking the "eligibility requirements" segment.
Melmac,

I just checked the hud site http://(www.hud.gov) and here is a quote from the requirements:

You may participate in the Good Neighbor Next Door program as a Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician if you are employed full-time as a firefighter or emergency medical technician by a fire department or emergency medical services responder unit of the federal government, a state, unit of general local government, or an Indian tribal government serving the area where the home is located.

Please go check it out for yourself. If it is the idea of low prices that has attracted you to the program, maybe you can still find you a home that meets your criteria, without using the program. Contact me!