Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

MJ, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Do many single professionals live in Houston and commute to the Woodlands? Im trying to avoid suburban life but maybe the Woodlands is not so bad.

Asked by MJ, Dallas, TX Sun Dec 2, 2012

Answers

14
Heights, reside in the Heights. North of I-10 makes the commute a bit more convenient. I have an old buddy whom is constructing some beautiful townhomes on his land. Great quality & low HOA makes these townhomes a gem. Please, call me when you have an opportunity. Thanks and have a wonderful week. I know of some trendy lofts for sale in the Downtown area as well. I reside in the city. There is nothing in the suburbs that compares with residing in the city. Keep in mind, what an investment! There has been an great development recently in the Heights or Washington Ave areas. What an investment home! City, it's hot, the trend, unless you reside here, there is the UN-INFORMED.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Web Reference: http://joelocator.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Hello MJ,
Living in Houston and commuting to Woodlands is possible, depending on what you consider too much commute. Most single professionals are now choosing the Midtown, Downtown and surrounding areas because of the social life and the easy access to it. Seems like you are relocating to Woodlands for your job. Woodlands, as you mentioned, would be more suburban than the midst of Houston. If you have not already visited The Woodlands, you could be pleasantly surprised - it is a beautiful community with lots of restaurants, shopping, parks and wooded scenery. Lake Conroe is about 15 miles north, if you like the water. I know you are trying to get a general idea from different realtors, but it will ultimately depend on what you feel comfortable with. You can always try renting in The Woodlands first to see how you feel and then decide on what your best options are when you are ready to buy.
If I can be of any more assistance, I would love to help.
Persis
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Many single professionals prefer to live in the inner loop areas of Houston. Midtown, Downtown, the Heights, and the Montrose areas are popular parts of town that offer a great social environment for after work mingling.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Houston is becoming one of the hottest places to call home. The Woodlands brings a lot to the table, but what lifestyle are you looking to set on your table!? The commute IS longer, but if you're looking to be in the middle of trendy restaurants, gastro-pubs, the Galleria, and the AWESOME parades, events and city-life...then Neartown might be the right medicine for you my friend! Houston is a big city, but when you live in the middle of town, you can branch out any direction!
I'm telling you, before moving onto the city I lived in Clear Lake. There is so much to do, but keep in mind that the Woodlands is far. I do most of my work here in the city, but for others to compare the Woodlands to the City is simply crazy. You can keep the Townhome as an investment community. Still, you may rather reside near work in the Woodlands, but who could blame you for wanting the city lifestyle.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Web Reference: http://joelocator.com
If you will be working in The Woodlands there is hardly any reason to live in Houston and commute. The Woodlands offers everything you could want and you are still close enough to "travel" in to the city for sports events and other entertainment - although there is abundant entertainment in The Woodlands. A nice range of home prices, sizes and styles are available as well. I will be happy to help you find your perfect home.

Arnold Richie, Realtor®
Terry Burnaman Realtors
http://www.yournewhomehouston.com
arnold@yournewhomehouston.com
713-396-2017
There are certainly a lot of people doing it the other way around, so it's not only doable, but you'll be going against traffic!

Don't underestimate The Woodlands, though. That place is fantastic on it's own. Many people never even have to venture into Houston.
City living is different. Yes, the Woodlands is far, maybe to far for most. There is a different ambiance, atmosphere, lifestyle, living, excitement, entertainment, etc. You can keep your Heights Townhome as an income property. I predominantly lease for a living. City living is the trend. Afterwards, I can list and find a good tenant for you townhome. My friend has some very nice townhomes fo sale in the Heights. Please, call me. I would love to help.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Web Reference: http://joelocator.com
If you are working in the Woodlands, it is a great place to live, however, if not the commute is and can take an hour or more depending on traffic. As my fellow agents have said, vist the Woodlands before making any decisions and visit some other communities and get a feel for what they offer.
Hi MJ,

If your going to be working in The Woodlands and haven't had a chance to visit the area yet I would suggest you do so before ruling it out. If you'd like me to send you a list of properties please contact me.

Debra Zamarron - Realtor
City West Realty
dgzamarron@gmail.com
If you will be working in The Woodlands, I would check it out before you decide to commute. The Woodlands is a beautiful and expanding community. It all depends on what things you want to be close to, how much of a drive to work you want, and what you like to do. The Woodlands is loaded with hiking and bike trails, lakes, great restaurants, and many businesses are moving there. There are many new neighborhoods as well as upscale apartments going up too.

Anna Maria Durr, NMLS 266699, TREC 596662, Codemark Financial,
2626 Richmond Ave., Houston,Texas 77098 , 281-592-0667
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Please, visit my web-site when you have an opportunity. I lease for a living, reside here in the Inner Loop and would love to assist you. Opposite of traffic should make the commute a bit more convenient.

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Web Reference: http://joelocator.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
I know both areas well, and if I was single without children I would find a cool townhouse inner loop in the Heights or Midtown. Avoid the commute, but still be close to Galveston if you like the beach...But if you want to get more house for your buck, The Woodlands has a lot to offer too. Plus you are close to Lake Conroe there.....So many options for you, please check out our websites and choose a Buyer's agent that will help you make the right decision
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Many single professionals prefer living in a bit closer than the Woodlands. If an afterhours social life is important to you and you feel you will be more drawn to social venues in Downtown, Midtown and Uptown Houston, you may want to consider communities a little closer in. Give me a call so we can discuss your interests, buying position and job location and come up with some community options for you. My number is 281-798-4100
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012