Stephanie, Home Buyer in North Richland Hills,...

Do lenders offer finance for forclosure properties? Do lenders offer down payment help? How can I get help to pay for my closing costs & down?

Asked by Stephanie, North Richland Hills, TX Thu Jun 2, 2011

payment? I am a first time home buyer.
Thank you

Help the community by answering this question:


I currently cannot find anything regarding down payment assistance in the North Richland Hills area. Unfortunately, NRH is also not in a USDA qualified zone, although if you wanted to go a bit further north to an area like Roanoke, Trophy Club, Westlake, etc, they would qualify although that might be out of your budget. If you are a veteran and have not already used it, you can use your VA loan for 100% financing.

Since you are a first time home buyer, I would assume you are going to use an FHA loan. The down payment on FHA is 3.5% of the purchase price. With FHA though, the down payment can be gifted to you so it doesn't necessarily have to come out of your pocket.

I would recommend that you talk to a local lender about your particular situation and circumstances. I would be happy to give you the name of a couple that I have worked with if you are interested in a no obligation conversation.

It's more than real estate. It's RAYL-Estate!

Brian Rayl, REALTOR®
Keller Williams Elite
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 4, 2011

A good lender will know how to assist and give you your options for what loan & assistance programs there are for First Time Homebuyers. Additionally, there are numerous strategies that you can implement with your purchase offer based on the type of financing you chose in order to make your 'out of pocket' expense minimial when buying your first home.

Regardless of if you talk to me or not, make sure you talk to a lender that knows all the in's & out's of working with First Time Homebuyers.

Best of luck to you.

Scott Butcher
Mortgage Banker
Maker Capital Group LLC, an Ameripro Funding Co.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 3, 2011
Lenders finance forclosed homes. If there is work that needs to be done then you should apply for a 203K FHA mortgage. This mortgage covers purchase and renovations.
Lenders do not offer help with down payments. You will need a minimum of 3.5% down for FHA or 0% if you are a Vet or you buy in an area that is USDA approved.
If you are buying from an individual you can negotiate help with closing costs but not the down payment.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 2, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer