Home Buying in Glen Head>Question Details

Kevburke77, Home Buyer in Albertson, NY

Do golf course houses sell for higher/lower than avg? Errant golf balls, noisy grass cutting and loud tee-box talk might annoy

Asked by Kevburke77, Albertson, NY Thu Jan 31, 2013

Answers

7
As they say, different strokes for different folks!

Sorry, couldn't help that one, but it is so true. :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 31, 2013
I have several friends that own homes that back up to a golf course. In their experience, there is not a great deal of noise, but rather the contrary. They find it is peaceful and they enjoy the beautiful view. In their opinion, an occasional errant golf ball is a small price to pay for the scenic view and sense of open space. However, as noted in other responses, this is a matter of personal opinion. Ultimately, the seller may set the listing price but it is the buyer that determines the value of the prospective property.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 23, 2014
Our area is surrounded by gold courses and value is in the eye of the beholder. Those who love golf might put up with any noise or other factors for the sake of the view and convenience. For the hoildays,we see great fireworks on our neighboring golf courses. I'm not a golfer so for me I'd prefer living near a cemetary.
Agreed I was just curious if sellers think there is a premium to be paid for such a location. I pointed out the cons but there are certainly pros no doubt
If you want to further discuss these areas or refine your search parameters, let me know, I'll be happy to help you.
jstone@laffey.com
Flag Thu Jan 31, 2013
Generally speaking, it all depends on the location of the house. It's appealing to have Nothing but Green + No neighbors, but if your house is near an area that gets more shanked balls than other areas, than the property value may be of a lesser value. Bad location or not, it's better than a neighbor from Hell.
Web Reference: http://www.SRES.pro
Depends on personal preferences, keep in mind that a property is worth what someone is willing to pay for it....
Obviously, a Golf Course house is not appropriate for you.
They are for many people, and just like waterfront property, there aren't enough to go around.