Home Buying in Staten Island>Question Details

bobby, Home Buyer in Staten Island, NY

Do buyers & sellers actually discuss price per square ft when negotiating. Seems these sites go far to show price per sq ft as indicator of value?

Asked by bobby, Staten Island, NY Sat Sep 28, 2013

Answers

5
Keep in mind that square footage costs do vary, and don't account for location and other considerations; therefore, it's really in your best interest to also review/utilize closed recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, and their final sales price...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 28, 2013
I've never had buyers & sellers discuss square footage in residential properties in my experience.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 28, 2013
Hi Bobby

In Staten island I haven't heard anyone really get into price per square foot when it comes to homes it's more prevalent in commercial properties and also in real estate in NYC

Thanks Felix
917-692-7702
I only recently had a prospective buyer say that a home was a great price per square foot. I think renovated is more important to buyers then price for suare foot. Also I find many condos and townhomes in Staten Island, NY the square footage is more in multilevel homes even though the rooms might be the same size as a smaller home
I have never had buyer and seller get stuck on price per sq feet. Location and condition of property seem to be the factors they focus on most when price becomes an issue.

Unless the home is be way over priced for the location and condition of property..

Kawain Payne, Realtor