Home Buying in Toms River>Question Details

Laurie Josep…, Other/Just Looking in Bloomfield, NJ

Do any of the adult communities allow you to add on? Is there any one site way to get the fees, rules and regulations of all the communities before?

Asked by Laurie Josephine Bennett, Bloomfield, NJ Sat Oct 26, 2013

going batty looking on internet just to find out some rule or fee or regulation may make a house you like out of the question in the first place? Need one map to show a breakdown of all areas precisely.

Answers

7
Hi Josephine,

That's a great idea! Unfortunately, each adult community is governed by theirs own Board do Directors and their rules and by-laws change often. We try to post most of the fees in our adult community section of http://FlanaganRealty.com and our local board's site, http://OceanCountyRealtors.org, has some good info as well.

As far as adding on, some communities will allow additions such as Florida rooms, as long as they are approved by the architectural committee of that community. Is there a specific community or communities you are considering?

Jim
Web Reference: Http://FlanaganRealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 27, 2013
Holiday City you can go up but not out, The structures are easy to add a nice 2nd floor onto.
Hi Josephine

As you can see from the answers below,each Adult Community has different rules set by the Association. You can add on to your home after approval from the governing board.

I live in Holiday City in Toms River and love it here!! I am originally from Bergen County and have worked with many buyers from North Jersey. Please contact me so that we can discuss setting up an appointment to visit the various Adult Communities in Ocean County. I have given many North Jersey buyers "the tour" and I would be very happy to show you around the Communities.
There are multiple adult communities in the Toms River area, many with several associations and all with differed fees and rules. Many will allow you to add on, after you submit an architect rendering of the add on.
The most comprehensive, accurate, relevent, timely and responsible source of real estate information is the local Mulitple Listing Service. Any local REALTOR (r) can provide you FREE access.
-
Some of the information you request was never intended to be PUBLIC information and very often has distribution that is controled by the community and/or the management company. I know, you think everything should be provided to you FREE. Sorry. In some cases you will need to contact those who have access to the data. What you want to believe is FREE was paid for by SOMEONE.
-
If you are a serious buyers, you need to use serious data sources.
Call a Toms RIver Realtor (r).

Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://www.FirstLookHomes.us
Yes, I do think that some information should be provided online for free if I am considering spending money on a house. I have looked up many houses and contacted several realtors only to find out places don't allow pets, what the HOA fee is PER MONTH, if you can or cannot add on, etc. I think having to contact a realtor every time is a nuisance to them and disappointing when it turns out a house or area is not appropriate due to some information that could be listed in the first place.
Flag Sun Oct 27, 2013
Google the name of the development you're interested in, and generally speaking you can find a copy of the By-Laws and Restrictive covenants. It's generally unlikely that you're going to be permitted to add on to an existing home, you should focus on finding a floor plan that works for you instead.
Any plans must be reviewed and approved by the Homeowners Association. In Manahawkin, the Ocean Breeze development allows room size expansion on some new construction.

Contact me if you'd like information on adult communities in southern Ocean County.