Home Buying in Fresno>Question Details

Miguel Carri…, Home Buyer in Fresno, CA

Do You Need Green Card To Buy A House?

Asked by Miguel Carrillo, Fresno, CA Sat Sep 29, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Ron Thomas’ answer
If you are trying to buy a house with a LOAN, you will need every bit of documentation that you can find;

The Lender, in particular, needs to know that you have a steady income and a good history of paying your bills: It gets harder when your HISTORY is not in the U.S. or when you get paid in CASH and do not have a paper-trail for savings and bill-paying.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Hi Miguel,

If you are looking for a loan / mortgage, you will at least need an ITIN number. They can be acquired for non-residents who are working in the US.

Here is some additional information you might find helpful about banks that will work with non-residents from the Dept. of Immigration and the use of ITIN numbers:

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer