Emtdetail, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

Do I still have to pay rent if I'm not under contract and the house I'm renting is going under forcloser?

Asked by Emtdetail, Los Angeles, CA Sun Jun 30, 2013

Answers

2
Are you on a lease or written rental agreement? If so, you must follow the terms of your written agreement regardless of whether the property is going into foreclosure. As long as you live in the property, you must pay...

If you live there and are not under contract...well, I don't understand what you would be doing there!!
At this point, if you don't have a valid lease agreement & the home is IN foreclosure, but not Foreclosed yet, it's really just up to you & the owner. If they want to let you live there for free, then you live there for free, however I strongly suggest you still put that in writing & make it a month to month tenancy type of situation until the bank forecloses.

OR

You may be able to live there longer for free or for whatever you & the owner agree upon, if the owner is upside down, the owner may want to seriously consider doing a short sale.

I can help with that. I have a 100% success rate closing short sales in CA that I can prove to the owner In Writing. Very few agents have the track record to do that.

Please shoot me an email directly or call me, I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine. I hope you contact me or else it could be Bank of XYZ knocking on the door saying "you need to move out now because we own the property"

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group