Home Buying in 60618>Question Details

Kate, Home Owner in Chicago, IL

Do I need to use a "certified distressed property expert" if i want to make an offer on a Freddie Mac property?

Asked by Kate, Chicago, IL Thu Jul 5, 2012

This is a GOVlisted property and I don't know how to get in touch with anyone regarding the listing. I would like to work with someone who has experience with foreclosures in Chicago (specifically 60618 Avondale area). Thanks!

Help the community by answering this question:


No as long as you use somebody who knows about that market . Please call or emaile if you need assistance .
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 6, 2012
Any Realtor you want to work with can assist you in assessing the value of the property in a particular market area, write the offer on your behalf and guide you through the process, it does not have to be
a certified distressed property expert, any good experienced Realtor will do, and you have a few who answered you ..... Not so difficult. Some already offered their help to you.

Good Luck to you....
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 6, 2012
You need to work with a Realtor. All Realtors can show and present offers on distressed properties.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 6, 2012
All agents know how to write offers on foreclosures whether they are owned by the Feds or a private bank. The proceures are very similar and not very complicated. As you can see you are popular. Let me know if you would like some help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 6, 2012
No. You need a realtor to submit your offer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 6, 2012
Hey Kate,

To be very open with you, having a designation means nothing more than having a designation after your name in marketing materials. I've been designated with a few different certifications but let them lapse because they really were of no value to me - it's all about the experience the Realtor holds. Having a "Certified Distressed Property Expert" designation doesn't gurantee the Realtor knows anything about foreclosures more than a non-designated Realtor. Make sure to speak with a Realtor who has experience helping Buyers purchase foreclosed properties and that's really all you need!

Now for my shamless plug I've helped multiple Buyers, even purchased a foreclosure myself, so I'm very up to date on what takes place and ways to make your offer and buying process as seamless as possible.

Let me know what you need help with and I'm ready to help you get started!

Jeff Stewart
REALTOR®, @properties
3101 N. Greenview Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657
309-269-3499 CELL | 773-305-0480 FAX
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 5, 2012
Hi Kate,

You can also use me with an SFR designation "Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource".

I would be happy to help you buy a new home.

Ivan Sagel
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 5, 2012
No, most agents have this sort of experience. Just get an agent who has experience in this area. Best of luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 5, 2012
Use a Licensed Realtor to not only submit an offer for you but to also provide you with his/her expertise. Should you need any help, please contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 5, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer