Home Buying in Edison>Question Details

rose17, Renter in Edison, NJ

Do I need to get the approval from the Edison Township before renting Westgate town homes?????????

Asked by rose17, Edison, NJ Fri Jul 19, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Patric Santo Pietro’s answer
Are you the owner/landlord? If so, you will need to secure a Certificate of Occupancy prior to renting out your unit in Westgate. Have you put it on the market for rent yet?

Are you working with an agent? If so, your agent should be able to explain the process to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 19, 2013

If you are a landlord, you need to register the new tenant with the Township. The Township will perform an inspection with regards to Smoke Detectors, Carbon monoxide, safety related items etc,. prior to the tenant moving in.

Should you have any additional questions or clarifications, please call the Edison Township.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 25, 2013
You will at least need to get a CO if you are the owner/landlord. Each township has requirements for a smoke/carbon monoxide/fire extinguisher check/inspection prior to a property changing hands - that includes sales AND rentals.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 19, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer