Home Buying in Jersey City>Question Details

Lpaige, Home Buyer in 10027

Do I need a termite inspection?

Asked by Lpaige, 10027 Fri Oct 5, 2012

I'm moving into a new building that is mostly steel and concrete. therefore, the inspector said that termite inspection wasn't necesssary. My mortgage lender said that I'd have to waive my writes relating to Termine inspection. Did I make a mistake not to get the termite inspection?

Answers

6
Generally, all lenders requires a clear pest cert to lend. So while your inspector may be right from the perspective of likelihood of there being an issue, I'd talk to the lender to better understand what rights you would being giving up if you were to waive them.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
I don't think an inspection would hurt anything! I, personally, would rather be safer than sorry. I think checking into having an inspection done is a great idea and could save you a lot of time and money. Good luck and I hope you figure everything out! http://www.frontlinetpc.com.au/Termite-Inspection.html
Flag Fri Nov 21, 2014
You would need one if you are getting FHA financing for your purchase.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
A new building would not present the need for a termite inspection. If you did purchase the whole building, you may want to seek an inspection at a later time. The termite inspection could reveal any unwanted pests in the ground, on the property, adjacent to the structure.

For more termite pest information, refer to the Pest LIbrary at the following address:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
I agree with Andrew. I think you are probably ok unless you purchased an entire older building.
BUilding? did you by the whole building? or an condo/ CO-OP if is the later then the association is responsible for termites.

if you purchased the whole building and it is brand new. there is no way termites can be there already. you still would want to check every few years to protect your investment.
Tell the inspector to put it in writing, then waive your rights. Otherwise its your call.

Search foreclosures and short sale here: http://www.BuyNJShortSales.com

"Nobody Sells More Real Estate than RE/MAX"

Search the MLS on your phone by Text: In the subject line on your mobile phone- LSAR1 -to number 87778 ... hit send... A GPS feature for listings at your finger tips

Larry Sarlo When you want it Sold Fast!
RE/MAX Preferred
609-868-1171 call / text / email 7 days
lsarlo@comcast.net
http://www.larrysarlo.com
415 Egg Harbor Rd st 9 Turnersville, NJ 08080