Home Buying in Parker>Question Details

ParkerColora…, Other/Just Looking in Parker, CO

Do I need a real estate agent when buying a new home?

Asked by ParkerColorado, Parker, CO Thu Apr 10, 2014

Answers

15
As the other have said, Yes! You really want to protect your interests. A buyers agent will work for you at no additional cost. Many think that if they don't use an agent they will save on price. That is usually just the opposite.

Best of luck,
Nancy
All yes answers. All by agents. Conflict of interest much? And yes, YOU CAN SAVE MONEY!! Offfer the builder 3% lower than they would otherwise accept, and tell them you have no agent. They will accept. The internet has ALL of the necessary considerations available. You simply have to read and put in the work. Have a lawyer review the final contract, which will only cost you about $500. This saved me almost $15,000 on my last home.

The entire real estate agent business model is flawed. They don't 'work for you'. That's a sales pitch, and what they're taught to say in school because they are practicing contract law on your behalf. They simply do not have the same interests as you. They get paid a percentage of something you buy. If you pay more, they make more. How is that not a conflict of interest? To say it doesn't cost the buyer anything is a blatant lie, or misunderstanding of economics. Yes, the seller pays that commission, which drives up the cost of the house, the same way Nordstorm's includes an extra 3% markup on everything to cover merchant credit card fees. In the end, the buyer pays. This is something Smith, Mark, Keynes and Samuelson could all agree on.

They ignorance of the american consumer is astounding. This industry is badly broken. The real estate professional is a business model in decay. Once information is freely available, like say....on the internet, then professions go the way of the buggy whip. Ask car dealers and manufacturers how freely available information affected their businesses. There is a revolution coming. Don't be the last sheep to get fleeced by this industry.

I think after all the YES! YES! YES! Answers you can see that we all agree that yes you should have any agent, even better a Realtor, helping you navigate the new home process. Find an agent that has the time and experience to walk you through the choices you make in your new home that translate into good choices for resale. Also, have an agent that is willing to help at the design center, this is the most overwhelming part of the new home process. Hope that helps.

The Barrington Group
And Oh By The Way…. If you are still in need of a Realtor our team is here to help.
303-805-1200
Yes!! The sales agent for the new builder is working for the builder not the buyer. You do need an agent to work for your best interests. I have worked with a number of builders and home buyers and I would be happy to help you with your new home purchase.
Christine Turner Coldwell Banker residential brokerage Parker 720-376-8261
Yes, Yes, Yes! A Buyers Agent works FOR you and you do not pay them anything! The builder pays their commission so basically you have someone in your corner, on your behalf, looking out for you best interest and it costs you nothing! If you go into a builder without and agent, they are not going to cut you a break because they are not paying the agent, they just pocket the money! If I can help you, please call me. I just closed on a new build 2 weeks ago for a client with Richmond so I am very familiar with the process and all that goes on with it! My number is 720-985-8367.
I am a buyers agent....if you need help call, text or email me

Jessica
3chix realty
225-337-3344
Besides the fact that we are all real estate agents, yes it is advisable that you use an agent. If you go into the sales office on your own you will be talking to someone who works solely for that builder. At least with an agent you have someone working on your behalf. Plus it doesn't cost you anything, what could it hurt?
Yes. You will not save any money by not using an agent, the builder will pocket the commission as extra profit. If you go it alone, at the very least have an attorney look at the contract. Builders do not usually use the state approved real estate contract so read carefully and protect your self.
You are asking the right group.

Of course, buying and selling real estate involves a great deal of money and is likely the largest investment you will make.

There is a myriad of information that will come your way. I worked for builders. I can tell you that construction should be monitored from time to time to see that the contractor's people are building what you ordered. You have opportunity to ask a lot of questions during the process. But what questions?

That's where an agent can be very helpful.

A lot of us make ourselves available to new buyers and we walk them through the process.

Best of luck in your search.
That question is Funny, Why have a Doctor for a Heart Transplant, Why use a Lawyer if your on trial? Why use a Professional Realtor when making the biggest investment purchase of your life! I have 2 stories I heard of this week that the buyer and a different Seller tried to sell a home and both are not closing and one is costing thousands of dollars more than it should.
Ask yourself this, "Am I an expert on Colorado Real Estate Contracts? Do I want to risk using a Realtor that will coast me nothing to protect the interest of my most important investment? Do I want to get a new home or TRY to buy a home with tons of Stress?
"Just because you have a Hammer, it does not make you an expert Carpenter"
I would recommend it. It's one of the biggest purchases you will make it your life, it's nice to have people on your side and looking out for you making sure the process goes as smooth as possible.
This is a common inquiry. Representation by a Realtor is in your best interest regarding a new or resale property. There are many facets to either type of property (negotiations, contracts, handling of disclosures, paperwork, inspections, incentives, lot premonitions, design center incentives, etc) that would benefit one significantly to acquire a professional assistance.

Chad Roberts
Broker/Salesperson
Realty One Group
Hi ParkerColorado,

It's highly advisable to have an agreement with a real estate professional, as they will negotiate and fight on your behalf. Just remember that it never hurts to have an extra man fighting in your corner!
Hi ParkerColorado,

Always use a realtor when you are buying a home - especially a new one. Your realtor may be able to help you negotiate a better price, get a better incentive, choose a better lot, pick upgrades at the design center that will increase the value of your home, etc. If you don't use a realtor, the only party who benefits is the builder.

A realtor can help you find new construction that fits your budget in an area you want to live. As you tour models together, the agent can help you distinguish the upgrades and point out options that are prudent choices per your budget (this is something a builder's agent is unlikely to mention). Realtors raise critical issues that often do not occur to most buyers, such as finding out what is planned for the acreage adjacent to the community where they want to buy.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you have further regarding this.