Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Angela Clark , Home Buyer in New York, NY

Do I need a good credit score when purchasing a home with cash? My husband and I are looking to relocate to Georgia.

Asked by Angela Clark , New York, NY Thu Jul 25, 2013

Answers

13
If you are purchasing your home with ALL cash meaning no portion will be a loan, your credit history will not be reviewed. You will just need to provide proof of funds such as a bank statement.

LaShonda Solomon
Associate Broker
Keller Williams Realty Signature Partners
LaShondaSolomon@kw.com
http://www.LaShondaSolomon.com
(678) 477-5226
When purchasing a home with cash, "Cash is King". Once you find the right home, you can quickly close on the deal less then 30 days. If you are seeking a Realtor to work on your behalf, please call me I will be happy to assist.

Gwen Harvey
Virtual Properties Realty
770 560-8385
No you don't need a credit score for an ALL CASH purchase where the funds are coming from your savings, checking, or retirement, or investment accounts. IF any portion of your cash funds are from a mortgage, you WILL need to complete the credit worthiness underwriting process with a lender. Please email me if you would like further assistance with the Atlanta market.

There are many beautiful areas in Atlanta. If you are looking for a Manhattan experience in Atlanta, Midtown and Buckhead are where you need to be. If you are looking for a Long Island or local Borough experience, one of the surrounding suburbs may be best, be it a home or townhome, similar to a Brownstone.

Ricky Rucker - MBA, Realtor
RuckerRealtyTeam@gmail.com
Not at all. Your credit won't even be considered nor checked.

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in GA and NJ
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
770.901.0956 direct
http://www.LaquitaBaez.com

Dream Homes ARE Within Reach!!!
You credit is not important when purchasing with cash, just your proof of funds from your bank.

Ava Anderson
Solid Source Realty Inc
770 369-5121
Good Evening,

Cash is King, no credit needed to use it:). When you find your perfect home and want to make an offer you will need to get a proof of funds letter from your banker.

The Peachtree City are is a very nice place for retail and another area that is good is East Point / Historical College Park ( The Camp Creek Market). These areas are minutes from the Airport. The homes in this area are also nice. There are many good retail areas in Metro Atlanta.

If you would like my assistance, please feel free to contact me.
We are a retired AF family.
We know what it is to re-located to another state or country. You will need to verify where your funds are coming from. The closing attorney will have to verify some information but other than that I can't think of any reason why your credit would be an issue. It might be a good time to re-establish your credit just in case you do ever need a good score. I can recommend all the best professional that I have worked with and have done business for many years. A good attorney, insurance agent and a good Rrealtor would be invaluable to you over the years. I work the North side of Atlanta. I will be glad to assist you in any way I can. bscyphrs@ aol.com
Since you are are purchasing using cash, then credit is not an issue. If I can be of further assistance please let me know as I am a certified relocation specialist.
Since you are purchasing with cash credit is not an issue. You are good to go. Let me know if I can be of any help to you. I am a certified relocation specialist
No credit score is needed when paying cash.
Hi, you don't need a credit score if you are paying cash, all you need is proof of funds, If you need help ,Please feel free to call me. Thanks

Carlotta Jones/ Your Realtor for Life
Crye-Leike Realtors
404-578-2585
Lenders use credit scores as one of the most important components of a loan application. A good credit score indicates that a person has been a responsible borrower in the past and will therefore be a good risk for the lender.

If you gave cash to buy a home, you are in the enviable position of not needing a loan--- or a credit score!

You will love living in Georgia! I have some relocation materials I can send you if you would be interested-- just let me know.

Cordially,
Sherrie Crow
Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta
Cell 404-790-8184
SherrieCrow@kw.com
you don't need any credit if buying with Cash

Best Wishes,
Robert Robbins
Senior Mortgage Specialist
Cornerstone Mortgage Group, LLC.
6151 Powers Ferry Rd., Ste 610
Atlanta, GA 30339
office 678-578-7613
Cell 404-932-5353
Fax 678-388-1336
rrobbins@cmghl.com