Home Buying in Syracuse>Question Details

Charlie2squa…, Home Buyer in Fulton, NY

Do I have to present a pre approval before the offer is accepted??

Asked by Charlie2squared, Fulton, NY Wed Dec 12, 2012

Answers

12
voices member - dup account’s answer
You don't have to have one but it does help ease the seller and their agent with the contract. A pre-approval can be gotten in less than 24 hours so its not a big deal and they really are more fluff than anything because usually income, rent, job history have yet to be checked.
Having a pre approval or pre qualification letter from a local reputable bank shows to the Seller the seriousness of the Buyer, and weeds out the "tire-kickers" who usually just waste the seller's/agent's time.
As a seller, I would insist on a full pre-approval before going into contract.

As a Realtor, I REQUIRE my buyers to present a full pre-approval before I will consider showing them a property.

gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
845-522-5808
Great question.

Technically your offer isn't even valid without a pre approval letter from a trusted bank. That letter lets the sellers know that you are financially able to purchase the property. In the case of a cash deal, a letter showing proof of funds is required. When I represent buyers I don't even start looking with them until we have that letter. When I represent sellers, I will not present until we have that pre qual letter. AT the end of the day, it helps you as a consumer to go out and get one. That way you know where you stand. Banks have stricter lending requirements because of the housing crisis that we all lived through.

I'd advise to go out and get that letter.

Hope this helps

David Manzano JR
Hunt Real Estate ERa
Like me on Facebook.com/ManzanoRealtors
dmanzanojr@huntrealestate.com
A pre-approval will make you look more of a serious
home buyers, remamber a Home may have more then
just your offer. make the have to choose between a have or a have not.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
Yes you should have a current Pre-Approval prior to even looking at any houses. This way you know what you can possibly qualify for to get a mortgage. Most buyer agents will require it prior to showing you any homes. Best wishes.
Charlie, good morning. In my experience when your offer is submitted the proof that you can make good on your offer is also required. No matter what kind of transaction it is. This helps the buyer decide who has the strongest bid.
Great question! Yes, you would have to contact a lender and get pre-approved and submit that with your offer, unless you are paying cash, then you would submit a proof of funds letter with your offer...
Web Reference: http://www.CNYAGENT.com
Hi, Charlie: Put yourself in the seller's place. Would you accept an offer -- and take your property off the market for -- someone when you didn't know if they could actually afford to buy your house? Sure, get a pre-approval letter from a trusted, local lender and then have fun searching for the right house at the right price. Good luck!
Almost always, yes. It is very easy to obtain this from a lender if you are qualified.
Why do you think they call it a PRE-APPROVAL?
What is your agent advising; generally a mortgage pre-approval letter accompanies the offer...