Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

mlewis3212, Home Seller in 30096

Disabled Vet wants to sell 3/2 home in disrepair, 1.85 acre in Duluth. Is it even possible to sell if you have no money for repairs?

Asked by mlewis3212, 30096 Thu Dec 6, 2012

Answers

14
Yes, but the home probbaly would not qualify for a traditional mortgage. Your buyer would probably either need to be purchased by an Investor paying cash or by a Buyer using a Renovation mortgage like the FHA 203K Renovation loan. The FHA 203K will allow an owner occupant Buyer to purchase and renovate all in one loan.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 6, 2012
Send some pics, i might have a buyer builtwealth@yahoo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Yes, it is...you can sell it "as is" condition. Welcome cash buyers and buyers with conventional loans
Conventional mortgages also require that the property meet minimum property standards. It is a huge misconception that it does not.
Flag Fri Dec 7, 2012
Of course it's possible. As Rodney accurately noted, you may be looking at an unconventional (mortgage wise) buyer so that should be planned for.

You caught my attention with the 1.85 acres, is this a residence? You should be selective when speaking with an agent. This sounds like it might have potential other uses - a thorough highest and best might change how you market it and to whom you market to.

An appraisal might also be prudent. Let me know if you need advice -

Hank
Web Reference: http://www.hmtatlanta.com
Of course you can! You will be selling the house like "as-is".
Let me know if you need any help!

Katya Cooper
Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Perimeter
Realtor ®
Email: katya@kw.com
Absolutely you can sell your home as-is without making any repairs.
Sellers do it all the time.

Depending on the actual condition of the home, it may limit buyers to the type of financing
they will be able to use to purchase the house, but even still thats alright and you have options.

When are you available to meet so I can view your home and prepare a thorough marketing plan to sell your home at the most profitable price possible?

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in GA and NJ
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
770.901.0956
findurhome@laquitabaez.com
http://www.LaquitaBaez.com
Many homes on the market are being sold in as-is condition. Please give me a call if you would like to discuss getting your home on the market. I have been selling homes in Duluth for 20 years and know what it takes to get your home sold. I am also the wife of a Vetran! Please click the link below to see my website.
You can sell your home "as is", with no repairs. If you have any questions, call 678-613-5636.
MLewis,

You've seen yes a few times now and I'll add mine. Yes, you can sell a property that is in disrepair without putting in any money. An agent can help you by providing the most recent sales prices of non-fixer upper properties (comparables) that have closed in the area. You'll then have to take the condition of your property into consideration, arrive at a reasonable estimate of the repair costs to bring the property up to standards, then be willing to deduct those expenses from the prices of comparables to reach a fair list price.

Would enjoy speaking with you about it sometime,

Solomon Greene
Associate Broker, Duluth Home REALTOR®, Certified Distressed Property Expert
Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677
Absolutely. As Jen said, there are several investors looking for homes just like this if it is priced appropriately. They have the funds to complete the repairs, once they own the property. I have an extensive list of investors that may be interested in your home. Feel free to contact me so that I can connect you to them.

Dominique Britton
Bottom Line Home Realty Services
Real Estate Specialist
(678) 407-6369 direct
(678) 518-6393 office
(678) 250-5022 mobile
(678) 827-0945 e-fax
Info@GoHomeToAtlanta.com
http://www.GoHomeToAtlanta.com
Hi mlewis,

It is possible to sell if it's priced right. I would be happy to meet with you and provide a consultation.

Ava Anderson
Realtor®
770 369-5121
Yes, it is possible to sell if you have no money for repairs. We sell them as fixer uppers and often they are bought by investors who expect to make repairs. We have investors who are buying now.

Please feel free to contact me.

Jen Bowman, Broker Associate
404-456-5024
Web Reference: http://www.JenBowman.com
Of course you can! Buyers purchase properties in need of repair every day. Some investors prefer to purchase properties which need some work because they can get a better deal on a fixer upper than they can on a renovated property. Pricing is the key though. Don't price it to be in line with what other renovated properties are selling for. Hook yourself up with an agent in the Duluth area who specializes in investor properties and listen to them when they advise you on how to price it!