Matildafofana, Home Buyer in Berkeley, CA

Dear agent! I am very much interested in 1156 Grizzly Peak . I will like to know if it is still on the market or not . Please reply ,.

Asked by Matildafofana, Berkeley, CA Sun Jul 3, 2011

Answers

7
I'm sorry, but this lovely home went pending three days ago. Is there something else I can help you with?
Love the dialogue, as always. It's such a great privilege to work in a market with smart, ethical, dedicated agents! I'll weigh in on backups, as well. 'tis true that they more often serve the seller than the back up buyer to hold the ground on any needed renegotiations... The back up buyer must be able to practice detachment and keep looking for another property, rather than wait it out - unless there is something so unique as to make a house worth the mindshare. Most buyers feel this is not worth the effort. ut a house that provokes your interest enough to write an offer can get you started on the path that gets you to your ulitmate home. I can say you could do well with any of these agents!
I agree with Liz. Good point and well articulated!
I am a believer that the back up offer serves to insure the first accepted offer will go forward, close the escrow, buy the house and the back up offer is sitting there waiting for something that never comes. Brokers who represent sellers love back up offers - they make the first place buyers behave very well and go forward even when new structural things are discovered. Rather see you in a first position than a backup.
Though this property shows pending, the listing Agent is looking for backup offers, which means you can put in an offer, and if it is accepted, you will be put in "back up" postition, and will go into first position in case the currently now accepted offer falls through for some reason.

Yes, It is still a competitive maket, with not that much on the market. It's important to know immediately when a home comes on. If you are working with an experienced, knowledgable agent , you won't miss out on your opportunity.
Having done every kind of Real Estate transaction there is over 26 years, and wether you are a new Buyer or have bought before, my expertise will help guide you through the complex process of purchasing a home in today's market.

I would love to hear more about your needs and wants. Just give me a call or email
Sincerely Rayne Palmer 510 502 2063.
Yes, it is showing as pending now. I am the agent representing the tbuyers who are in contract on this property. We had an offer written within a week on when it came on market. The market here is still very competitive, as we have many motivated buyers and not enough good inventory. It is important to act quickly when a property that fits your needs and is well priced becomes available.
The best approach is to shop for your agent first. If you work with an Realtor you trust and look at new listings as soon as they come on the market, you will be more successful in capturing a property that fits your needs.

I welcome interviews for potential new clients, and would be happy to answer any questions you have about how to shop for your agent.
Its listed as pending
BILL