poe.deanna, Home Buyer in Dayton, OH

Date not specified in contract. When can I take pocession of a property, "after closing", on a vacant bank owned property? Is there a?

Asked by poe.deanna, Dayton, OH Fri Jun 14, 2013

waiting period

Answers

5
Generally this is specified in Oregon contracts, not sure about Ohio. I would definitely wait until it has "recorded" with the county, then you know it is legally your property.
Typically if the title work is all in order, you can move in anytime after closing.
Sometimes they can need a couple days to get you the keys and title.

Every home situation is different!
Oh, I just realized date not specified on contract. The seller should still be able to give you possession at closing if it's vacant and all personal belongings are out of the home. There should not be any reason why a seller would not give you pession even if it's not specified.
You need to talk to your Realtor.
On vacant house you should be able to take possession the minute you close on the house provided that your Realtor put on the contract that you get possession AT CLOSI"NG
I would hope that your Realtor put that on the contract.
If you need a Realtor please call me 937-554-5159
Unless the contract specifies an occupancy date, you should have immediate possession of a vacant property after closing. Your Realtor would be able to explain how it works.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com