Krisa Cantre…, Home Seller in Grand Prairie, TX

Dallas Neighborhood Question

Asked by Krisa Cantrell, Grand Prairie, TX Tue Aug 19, 2014

I'm looking at a house near Marsh and South of 635. There is a Sprouts near by. The neighborhood is very mixed and I cannot tell which way it is transitioning. Is anyone familiar with this? I am a white female, 31 and it's just me as my two little dogs. Do you think it's a safe enough area, or is it getting to be?

Answers

4
You are right. In transition. It depends on the neighborhood. I grew up around there so know the area well.
Typically it seems to get better south of Forest and East of Marsh, but there are pockets.
Prices keep moving up for the most part and lots of rehabs. Tear downs and rebuilds started about 2005-2006 but stopped with the downturn. There may have been a few lately, but it is just a matter of time due to the location.

Safe is always a relative word...so tough to say what is safe or not safe for you.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
A great resource that you can access on Trulia is the crime mapping.

Check it out. The link is below.

Call or email me for further assistance.

Erica Texada, Broker Associate
214-680-4566 direct
Erica@EricaTexada.com
Mersal Realty
Hi Krisa,

If you are concern about safety I would suggest that you contact the local police department for the most accurate info on crime and safety. You can also check https://www.crimereports.com/.

Typically Sprouts opened their stores in a thriving neighborhood but of course no one can guarantee what the future holds.

I'd be happy to assist you in purchasing your property if you are not currently working with a realtor. Part of my service is to educate and guide all my clients through the process and be there every step of the way. Feel free to call me at 469-371-2899.

Take care,

Susie Kay
United Real Estate
469-371-2899
http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net
Good evening Krisa, this area is in transition and once you have a forward thinking grocery store like Sprouts or Wholefood coming, it has a usually good impact on the neighborhood which make also companies wanting to come around as well.
It also be a good time to buy.
It will be my pleasure to get you a Comparative Market Data for the property of your choice as long as you are still not represented by a realtor already.
I'm at your service if you need any help!

Olivier Sebag, GRI Realtor
5757 W.Lovers lane
Suite 300, Dallas Texas 75219
(C)214.356.9221
Email:olivier@nathan-grace.com
nathan-grace.com/Agents/OlivierSebag