Desilovescaa…, Home Buyer in 92394

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF SOME HOUSES FOR RENT IN "NEW ADELANTO"? THE SUPPOSEDLY SAFER/NICER PART OF ADELANTO? CAN'T TELL DIFFERENCE IN

Asked by Desilovescaadin, 92394 Sat Aug 13, 2011

SIDES OF ADELANTO... I'M LOOKING TO MOVE OUT THAT WAY IN APPROX 2 MONTHS FROM LA COUNTY AREA. I HEAR GREAT THINGS ABOUT NEW ADELANTO AND HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT OLD ADELANTO. BUT THERE IS NOW WAY TO TELL THEM APART UNLESS YOU KNOW THE AREA. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ON RENTAL PROPERTIES IN THE NICER PART OD ADELANTO AND TIPS ON HOW TO TELL THEM APART WHEN LOOKING TO RENT THAT WAY...THANKS.

Answers

6
There is no such thing as New Adelanto! Oh yes there is a newer part, and a great shopping center on Palmdale and 395, but drive there in the afternoon and night on a warm day. You might be horrified.

2 years ago my wife and I were looking at really bargain properties in "New" Adelanto. We saw lots of shady characters around, junky cars, poorly maintained properties, We told our realtor to get us the heck out of here.

Then we settled on Brentwood. Be careful. Looks can be deceiving. In the high desert there are many neighborhoods with trees, parks, sidewalks...and nice people can be found everywhere.. but just drive by in the evening and at night especially when its warmer weather. I was shocked at what I found in Brentwood. I bought during a cold season when the neighbors are inside. Had I known I would never have bought here either.

Do your due dilligance. Look for the socio-economic-racial make up of the local schools. Look for how the different cultures perform on their tests. There is a coorelation between poorly performing students and trouble in an area.

I grew up in the higher socio-economic area of Etiwanda/Rancho Cucamonga. The test scores at that time in the mid 90's were through the roof...I know I was a student at a very good school and the quality of the houses and neighbors was exceptional at that time. So look at the school statistics in the neighborhoods you are considering--even if you have no children.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 7, 2013
Desilovescaadin;

I agree with Sheryl. Talk to the local police department regarding the criteria you are inquiring about.

Bo
I hae two houses coming available in newer Adelanto and one that is in Phelan, but close to Adelanto with 2 acres for $1000/mo doesn't inc utilities but it is a beautiful 3 bdrm 2 bth completely fenced and like new ranch style home
I have live in Adelanto for the past 2 years, I love it, neighbors are neighborly. If your moving up to Adelanto, why would you want to rent rather then buy. Buying is cheaper then rent out here, even if you have a bad credit score, there's a loan program for that.
Hi Desilovescaadin

I am just checking in to see if you ever found a home or purchased one? I agree with the buyer, Brian, below about Adelanto. If I can be of help, please private email me at Love2listyou@yahoo.com. Feel free to ask any questions. I am here to help.
I have a nice home coming up for rent at the end of August. 3 bdrm 2 bth built in '06 brand new front sod-$950/mo
Web Reference: http://www.wiestrealty.com