Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Dansandra63, Home Buyer in 93707

Currently live in fall creek, wife works downtown, she likes commute, but...

Asked by Dansandra63, 93707 Sun Jan 12, 2014

We would prefer to live west or southwest, I.e more to so. I work deer park, sure I would like short commute, but not as important as wife. We want good schools. Is sugarland commute terrible? Any other suggestions. Katy is out, woodlands, all to far

Answers

9
Good morning!
Thanks for your question! After we lived in Sugar Land and I commuted to DT (my husband to the Hobby Airport area), they expanded 59, built the Tollways and made many other improvements to make Sugar Land more desirable for commuters and their families.
I just sold two homes there and my clients are very pleased with their choice to live in Sugar Land.
As Realtors, we shouldn't discuss our opinions on area schools. Everyone has their own idea on what makes a good school and school district, based on their particular needs and as compared to others in the Greater Houston area. Please check the websites with the statistics for FBISD--grade, middle and HS--and also consider that these can change as can the zoning from a home to a particular school in that district at any time.
I lived in Sugar Land for 9 years and sell there, SW Houston, Katy, NW Houston and also in Cypress. In my mind, these are all nice areas to live, but we'd need to talk about your price point and what you'd like in a home, as well. Those things can also help you decide where you may get the most value for your money as well as the best commute and schools for you.
If you'd like to talk further, I'd be happy to help you! Enjoy this beautiful day!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 12, 2014
Have you though about Sugar Land?? I am a mortgage banker that can help find the right mortgage for you and your wife. I also work with some great realtors as well. I would like to earn your business so feel free to contact me so we can further discuss. Hope you have a great day!!

JAY ABEYA
NMLS ID # 252320
Branch NMLS ID # 312927
K&G Capital Mortgage a Division of Houstonian Mortgage Group, Inc
7026 Old Katy Rd Suite 280
Houston, TX 77024
832-813-0100 ext 332
832-524-3842 cell
713-588-8493 fax
http://www.kgcm.com

Sugar Land commute to downtown depends on the time you have to get to and from work.

After a lot of consideration, and visit and previewing several areas, including inside 610 Loop, my clients decided it was worth buying in Sugar Land, even though commute is tideous. I also have clients who decided to eventually purchase in far Katy for the schools and amenities even though they work in downtown as well.

I think one of the best ways to figure this out is to really prioritize what you would be happy with long term - schools, commute distance, the type of housing, amenities, etc.. A lot of families moving into Houston seem to prefer Sugar Land and Katy because of their set-up compared to the city areas.

There are Park & Ride metro bus options depending on where you ultimately decide to live.

Best wishes on your decision. Let us know if you have more questions

Persis
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Dan,

We recommend you get in the car and do a little driving. The Katy area has two routes towards the city (I-10 and Westpart Toll Road). Sugar Land is closer to Deer Park and also features two routes towards the city (Hwy 59 and the Ft.Bend Toll Road/Hwy 90). Both areas feature great schools. Only you know when you need to arrive a work, when you come home, etc. That Fall Creek location is really the shortest to downtown for an affordable master planned community. Most of these areas I mentioned will allow you to take the Sam Houston Toll Road around to Deer Park.

You might want to study the Houston TranStar web site http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/ Not only does it show current traffic, it has a lot of ways to research traffic patterns, drive times and more! Houston offers many great suburbs. Hope these tips help. I show in all of these areas, so let us know if we can assist you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Here is a great website for school information;
http://har.com/school/

Once you find the best schools for your children then you can look for the houses in those areas. Sugarland commute is not bad. A Realtor can help you find exactly what you are looking for and guide you throughout the process. The really good part is that the cost of all the professional help and guidance from your Realtor does not cost you anything. I would be more than happy to answer all your questions. Just let me know.

Robert Kandiyoti
RE/MAX Real Estate Associates
robertk@remax.net
c. 713-534-3018
I am a Realtor living in Fall Creek, and having children of my own, I can totally understand you wanting good schools. I agree with you, Katy, Woodlands, and even the 290 area all have very lengthy commutes to downtown. Sugarland has one of the better commutes compared to other areas of town. You can read my posts on myfallcreek.com. I just posted a 4th qtr. update on our community. I would love to meet in person, should you decide to move forward with a move. Thank you!

Michele Quezada
Realty Associates
832-483-3600
Meyerland/Willowbend/Westbury area could be a great option for you. Deer Park is not a bad commute on 610, downtown also. Bellaire High school is one of the best HISD has to offer, great elementary schools Herod, Kolter, Lovett, good middles - Johnson, Pin Oak. I have lived in this area for many years and have sold many homes here. I would be happy to help you. jweaver@cbunited.com
288 connects to the Beltways and 610. It will get you and/or your wife anywhere you need to go. I am available to assist you with your Real Estate needs. Give me a call on my cell phone (713) 854-1638. Lestine Lakes, Realtor-Associate, Coleman & Co. Realtors
Web Reference: http://www.lestinelakes.com
Added details from above are price limit is 600k and great schools mandate
FYI, Sugar Land has some great schools. We should be able to locate a home in the price range you indicated. I look forward to working with you. Lestine Lakes, Realtor-Associate, Coleman & Co. Realtors (713) 854-1638
Flag Sun Jan 12, 2014