Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

ngapt2010, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Currently, I am interested in buying a 2 bed room condo in the Streeterville & New East Side area. Since I am new to the whole process, can some

Asked by ngapt2010, Chicago, IL Fri Jan 20, 2012

tell

Answers

22
Hello
It does look like your post was cut off - However I will say that the first step should be to get pre approved by a reputable lender. Lean on your friends and family as a resource to help you find a trustworthy source. I am a Mortgage Banker here in Chicago with Guaranteed Rate and I am happy to help answer any questions you may have if you are interested. Good Luck!
Sam Sharp
Senior VP of mortgage lending
Guaranteed Rate
773-290-0455
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 20, 2012
It's a great time to be a buyer and it's a great time to borrow money.

Get approved for a loan 1st and then begin your thorough search process for the right condo.

If you need any help, I'd be glad to assist.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
Not too many answer here huh! What I would do is interview two or three buyers agents. This way you have someone to walk you through the buying process, at no cost to you. I would be happy to help.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Managing Broker/Partner, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Web Reference: http://AmericorpRe.com
As you see you are very popular. My web site might give you some helpful information as to what I do for my clients. I have been in business more than 24 years. I offer my buyer clients a 20% rebate. Let me know if IO can help, but you might also ask friends/co workers for references as just reading all these posts could be abit overwhelming.
Thank you for your question. I am a realtor who lives and works in Streeterville and would be honored to help you. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I wish you all the best.

Cheena Chandra
Jameson Sorheby's International Realty
312.953.6011
cchandra@jamesonsir.com
You will be swamped with agents trying to help you! I would ask trusted friends and colleagues for their recommendations. If you're not from this area and that won't work, then follow the advice below. Identify a few agents who work in that area and interview them over the phone or in person to see who you feel would best represent you and understand your needs. I'd love to be included in that process, of course!

Cindy Wilson
Koenig & Strey
cwilson@koenigstrey.com
312-602-5736
See where you at financially and contact a Mortgage Loan Officer before you began your search.
Debbie Bergthold-Smith CLassic Real Estate
Future Home Buyer!

I specialize within Streeterville and River North (highrises). I would be happy to speak with you about your goals and how I can help you achieve them.

-Anthony DeSuno

Red Door Realty
Broker Owner & Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR)
312-361-0867
I am a full service broker located in the Streeterville area and I do most of my business in the Streeterville, Gold Coast and New East Side areas. I am happy to assist you in your search. Please call me at 312-399-0147 or you can e mail me at jgregg@koenigstrey.com.
Jeanette Gregg
Koenig & Strey
900 North Michigan Avenue Suite 1700
Chicago, Illinois 60611
312-399-0147
jgregg@koenigstrey.com

Jeff Stewart with @ Properties is great to work with, I would suggest contacting him for more information and advise on your search for a 2 bedroom condo in the Streeterville & New East Side areas.

If you need help or advise regarding getting prequalified for a mortgage, I would be happy to assist you. I specialize in helping first-time-home-buyers specifically looking purchase condos.

Andrew
aluett@wintrustmortgage.com
773-456-9662

I'm definitely not the first to answer but I really hope you still consider me as a potential Realtor.

For all Buyers, you need to get a plan ready. I have a quick two step plan on getting started with your home search:
- Step 1 is getting you an official pre-approval by your bank or a lender. This will tell us exactly what price we should be focusing on and if there are any potential issues we can work to overcome them!
- Step 2 is for us to sit down and talk about what you're looking for. We've got location down but we'll discuss your budget, must-haves and have-nots, building amenities and more. After we discuss we'll go through a generic search on the MLS which will show you exactly what is out there for you! We'll mark some as favorites, take some off the list and go from there.

After that we'll coordinate our schedules, go out and take a look at your favorites! Pretty simple and streamlined. It is essential for you to work with someone who is super organized because it will come in handy when you have deadlines to meet.

I'm available to chat via email or phone if you're able.

Jeff Stewart
REALTOR®, @properties
309-269-3499 CELL
jeffstewart@atproperties.com

You're very popular!

If you would like a FREE home buyers guide feel free to contact me directly, NO OBLIGATION.

Dear ngap2010, I would love to assist you. Please contact me @ 773 551 6554 or tatiana@conlonrealestate.com
Regards. Tatiana Perry
I agree completely with Sam Sharp. The first step is to get pre approved.

My name is John Zloza and I am full service Broker-Realtor. My office is in Lakeview about 10 minutes from Streeterville. In the past year more then 80% of my home buyers have been first time home buyers in the city. I can definitely walk you through the process and find you the best deal. I know your area of interest and know which buildings have good associations and which to stay away from.

You can also check out my website and search the MLS for current available listings. The problem with Trulia is much of the information is outdated or inaccurate. Our website is in real time. Feel free to drop me an email or call me on my cell to discuss your options.

John Zloza
Broker- Realtor
Chicago Home Estates
Direct Cell: 708-935-4997
jzloza@chemail.com
Please call me at 773-914-5309 or email bbiederman@citypointrealty.com. I have been in sales for 20 years & prior to sales, I managed Streeterville & Gold Coast high rises. I would be delighted to help you find your new home. Barbara Biederman, City Point Realty
First step: find a competent real estate agent that you feel comfortable with and who is caring and responsive. Buyers work with agents at no cost to them. Sellers pay our commissions when the deal is concluded.
I work with one of the top real estate brokerage in Chicago, Prudential Rubloff and I'd be glad to help you find a condo. Give me a call or email:
Diane Boyle
773-343-4114
dboyle@rubloff.com
I specialize in helping first-time buyers. Most of my clients are first-time buyers, and I am also an attorney who can help you steer clear of the legal pitfalls. Let me know how I can help.
Good morning!

I would be glad to assist you with finding your new home! Please call me to discus when your free!

Erika Carter
Real People Realty
Phone: 773.439.0306
erika773realtor@gmail.com
I suggest interviewing a few buyers agents and going with the one you mesh with best. Make sure they are experienced and know the neighborhood and building type you are interested in. I am more than happy to answer your questions. We also dont cost you a dime becuase we only get paid at closing and thats by the seller!
Here to help,
Jesse McGrath
@properties
312-545-2775
jmcgrath@atproperties.com
Hi. I think your comment got cut off. Re-post and we all will try to help you.

Mark
Web Reference: http://www.markbazzetta.com
I would be happy to help guide you through the process. Please call or email me. 773-828-8151 or jeffdonnellan@gmail.com