Home Buying in Springfield>Question Details

julie.mcguir…, Other/Just Looking in North Andover, MA

Curious as to how many single family homes are on the market in Springfield. I saw that there were 100's. Am I in the ball park?

Asked by julie.mcguire5, North Andover, MA Wed Dec 12, 2012

Answers

4
Julie Chartier’s answer
Springfield is nicknamed "The City of Homes" There are currently over 400 single family homes for sale, and even more if you add condominiums and multi-family homes! Springfield is a great city to purchase a home in as there is an abundance of variety in size, style, location and price.
I saw that you offered to email a property to someone who was looking to rent to own,
if they were not working with an agent. Does this suggest that you are an agent? If so,
why would you be asking this question? I am certainly not an agent, yet as someone looking
to buy a home in this area, I know the answer to this question.
I liked your answer. It is true there are 100's of homes for sale but the great ones get sold very quickly. We are definitely moving into a sellers market, and buyers have to be quick and be willing to pay close to asking price if not going over asking price in a multiple offer situation. In this new market, it is more important than ever before to have a good buyers agent working with you. Contact me if you are not working with an agent. Thanks!
Flag Mon Feb 18, 2013
There are a ton. The rent in Springfield is high and the house price is low. I grew up there.
The count was 436 when I just pulled it up in the MLS. A handful - 33 of 436 - have accepted offers but are still being marketed until contingencies are satisfied. The houses are priced between $11,999 (who knew that was possible?!) and $549,000.
Thank you Elizabeth! I appreciate your prompt response! And yes, 12k? Holy Cow!
Flag Wed Dec 12, 2012