Home Buying in Simi Valley>Question Details

Ellegerard, Home Buyer in Simi Valley, CA

Curious about Senior Condo Community age restrictions re visitors.

Asked by Ellegerard, Simi Valley, CA Tue Jun 11, 2013

Looking to purchase a condo in Ventura County, and wondering about age restrictions in senior communities. I.e., limits on having grandchildren stay with you, limits on having children use the facilites (pool, etc.). Thanks.

Answers

5
This is an excellent question. Leisure Village in Camarillo is considered the premier location for 55+ seniors, since it offers ideal climate, 24-hour security gated plus a plethora of senior activities. Guests of the 2136 home community can use the facilities in Leisure Village, as long as they abide by the rules: http://www.leisurevillage.org/LeisureVillage/Documents_files… Residents have priority over guests in use of recreational facilities. Additionally, guests must be accompanied by a resident host when attending or participating in any and all community facilities and activities. Call Leisure Village at 484-2861 for further HOA-related questions. Good luck in your quest for the perfect new home!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 11, 2013
I realize this transition is a process of exploration for you. When you are ready to learn and experience more about Leisure Village, I will be happy to arrange a tour for you and your family. Thank you for your interest!
Flag Thu Jun 13, 2013
This is very informative. Thank you.
Flag Wed Jun 12, 2013
Good evening

Each community has its own rules. We could get info on any of them and Wood Ranch has a newer condo community and I would be happy to show them to you.

Feel free to call...805-501-8071.

Jo Ann Poole
Troop Real Estate
Wood Ranch
Dre 01058326
I've sold and purchased a couple of properties in senior communities. They generally do allow grandchildren to visit and use facilities, but I've also found that each community has its own guidelines. I would recommend zeroing in on a couple senior communities that interest you and have your agent contact that HOA, so that you can get specific information on the community that interests you.
Typically short term stays are not an issue. Check with the association about specific rules for grandchildren using the pool or other amenities.

If you need help with finding a place, please feel free
to contact me directly at 818-584-1330

Fred with Keller Williams Realty.
Ellegerard,

Most age restricted communities are for the primary occupants. Visitors (whether over night or for a short period) are generally not restricted. Sometimes however, the association local rules might prevent the younger children from participating in the amenities offered, such as a pool, game room, or other social types of activities. I would be happy to answer any further questions you may have.