Home Buying in Naperville>Question Details

Kbiii, Home Buyer in Naperville, IL

Credit Experts. Can anyone recommend a reputable company/organization that helps deal with questions on my credit reports and deals with those?

Asked by Kbiii, Naperville, IL Mon Sep 13, 2010

agencies? I dealt with those shady credit repair companies before and I am not looking for that. One of my issues, for example, is that my credit score went down significantly with Equifax according to FICO but non of the information changed and FICO is giving me the run around regarding why. In addition, Experian has the same information as Equifax and Experian has gone up 10 points and the last month and Equifax has remained the same for months. I need help and I find it too difficult to get answers from FICO or the credit agencies. I need to get my middle score to 700 by the time I will buy a home.

Answers

5
Watch out for credit repair companies that promise results in a specific time frame. AND It is against the law to charge for credit repair upfront. (Unless you are exempt)
Real Estate CSO was founded by a Licensed REALTOR® who is registered in Illinois to perform credit repair. The company offers complimentary credit analysis. They review the credit report and pick out key items that are driving the score.
Anyone looking for a "quick fix" by a magic guru magician may be setting themselves up for disappointment. Credit repair takes time. FICO® recommends that you check your report for inaccuracies 6-12 months BEFORE applying for a loan. This will allow enough time to deal with the uglies.

Be careful when someone tells you to pay down old debt. You need to FIRST verify that it is yours. Paying a debt that is old in hopes of closing on a loan may trigger the algorythm to drop your score. When in doubt pick up the phone and call 312-203-7355 or visit us on the web or FaceBook.

The BIGGEST misconception is that the credit bureaus are here to help us. They are corporations. They make money by selling your information to credit card companies. Creditors pay for the ability to furnish information to your file, they know the power of using the threat of reporting. (enough said)

The Fact Act was challenged by 276 companies, most who claimed that they DID NOT want to be responsible for furnishing accurate information, stating that not one human or machine could be responsible for 100% accuracy. So it was written that the accuracy would lie in the hands of the consumer. Didn't you get the memo? Nobody did. Instead, companies sprang up and blasted our media waves of how to obtain your credit report for free, but you will pay for the score. Shortly after FICO® celebrated having sold their 100 Billionth credit report. mmmmm.
SO what do you do? Call us. We are a knowledgeable and have hundreds of satisfied clients.
JoAnn Sworan
President
Real Estate CSO
http://www.realestatecso.com

Where does this leave you?
Hi Kbiii,

Here is a company that works specifically with real estate buyers (or future buyers) to build their credit. I am actually attending one of her classes next week so I can keep up and pass along good advice to my clients. One piece of advice she gave me was when working with anyone who says they can help fix their credit make sure you see that they are a member of the "National Association of Credit Services Organization". Here is her contact information:

JoAnn Sworan
Real Estate CSO
http://www.realestatecso.com

Hope that helps!!

Mike Long
Long Realty
Hey Kbiii,

I fully understand your frustration with the credit issue, trust me all of the credit bureaus and FICO makes the calculation of credit score to be very vague on propose. They don't want us to understand thus we can't challenge these numbers that represents our scores.

As for your question; I don't think anyone will be able to answer the question you posted due to the issue I have talked about, the only thing that you can do is to use simulation software to show you the changes in your score based on your actions. Meaning if you pay your debit down, you will see an increase with your score, if you incur more debit your score will go down. This simulation software will allow you to plan ahead to figure out what you need to do to bring your middle score up to 700.

I think you talked to Maureen the person whom I referred you too earlier you can ask her if she has the software or you can use any of the credit bureaus softwares “they are usually accessible from their websites”. Please keep in mind that this software are just simulation and may not be 100% accurate but they are the best you can get given the situation.

Again, I welcome to opportunity to work with you when you are ready to make this mover a reality for you...

Inaas Arabi
RE/Max of Naperville
Phone: 630-329-5000
E-mail: Inaas@hotmail.com
Web: http://www.MyTop10Homes.com
Web Reference: http://www.transunion.com
I think you'll be happy with the service that you will have by contacting one of my lenders that I work with and have had work for many of my very happy clients. She does a great job and can be extremely helpful with credit repair or questions you may have. .
Erin Stojakovic
VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate Oakbrook
2021 Spring Road, STE 450
Oakbrook, IL 60523 P: (773) 220-9094
F: (773) 516-6021
Erin@guaranteedrate.com
guaranteedrate.com/ErinStojakovic

Mention I referred you and best of luck! Ben Kastein
Web Reference: http://www.advantageil.com
This guy is the best I know for all credit questions - Gary Novel (Kredit Guru) at kreditguru@aol.com or 630-624-9557.

Feel free to use my name for a quick response.

Bill White
Re/Max of Naperville