Home Buying in Northridge>Question Details

Sam Youssefi…, Home Buyer in 91324

Counter offering a counter offer

Asked by Sam Youssefian, 91324 Tue Feb 9, 2010

I am a buyer who wanted to counter offer a counter offer from a seller. My agent gave me the counter offer form and asked me to sign in paragraph 6. Reading the document though, it sounds like i should be signing in paragraph 5. Does anyone know where the proper place to sign is?

Answers

4
Sam Youssefian’s answer
Thanks Marc, thats what i thought. He said that since im countering a counter offer from them and accepting only a couple of their terms, then i need to sign in paragraph 6 and that paragraph 5 was only if i wasnt accepting any of their counter offer terms. Thanks again
In the counter offer form...if you are countering a counter....you sign at # 5...the seller will sign # 6 accepting your counter. On #5 you check the box "Buyer" Makes This Couter..." However, if you are accepting their counter you sign # 6. Now...if there is already a counter # 1 from the seller then you sign in paragraph 6 but make sure to check mark "SUBJECT TO THE ATTACHED COUNTER" and attach your counter. I hope this helps. Make sure to confirm with your agent.
I did talk to my agent and he explained why he believes it should be paragraph 6, but reading the form, it doesnt make sense to me. Reading the form, it appears as though paragraph 5 is where i should be signing and if the seller accepts my counter offer to their counter offer, then they should be signing paragraph 6. Any thoughts?
Your agent should be asked this question directly, why not contact him/her-- ask for an explanation in order to resolve any existing confusion you may have.