Home Buying in Lafayette>Question Details

Monique, Home Buyer in Lafayette, LA

Could my grandmother who lives in Ohio purchase a home for my husband and I? We do not have great credit. We will be paying the mortgage

Asked by Monique, Lafayette, LA Mon Jul 18, 2011

Answers

5
Its depends on her debt ratios and the amount she will be putting down since it is not her primary residence. Call Todd Guidry @ 337-280-3163 ask him for advice. Tell him Brandon Sent You! Good Luck and God Bless!
Hi Monique,
I've helped others in your very same situation. As long as your grandmother qualifies for the mortgage & has the required downpayment she should be able to purchase for you. Keep in mind that the house will be in her name even though it will be you & your husband paying the mortgage. There are several good mortgage lenders that can help you. Tessa Boustany at NOLA Lending 337-291-4780; Sara Blanchard at Intertrust Mortgage 337-408-5107 or Chris Chutz at Family First 337-993-5626. You can tell any of them that I recommended you. If you need any further information I will be happy to help you. You may e-mail or call me. Also, please visit our website http://www.vaneatonromero.com
Great question for a lender, she would need to qualify. Talk with a local lender, if you dont know of any, start with her bank.
Yes, she can purchase for you if she qualifies for a mortgage, unless of course she is paying cash--if utilizing a mortgage, your grandmother should visit with any loan officer to determine qualification...
Sure. If she's got the money and the credit, there shouldn't be any problem.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA