Home Buying in East Point>Question Details

Paula Rosario, Home Buyer in Bronx, NY

Could anyone tell me some facts about East Point GA? Is this an established area or an up and coming area?

Asked by Paula Rosario, Bronx, NY Fri May 9, 2008

How about crime and educational opportunities?

Answers

4
Hi Paula,
I am unsure what facts you seek, but try this site to hopefully answer some of your questions: http://www.city-data.com
Web Reference: http://www.torilawson.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 11, 2008
Look at http://www.eastpointliving.com - or email me, as I am unclear about what facts you are looking for. East Point is established with some transitional areas near City of Atlanta borders. The historical neighborhoods close to the downtown area have a strong sense of community and the people are quite friendly. There are a # of restaurants, bars, and shops as well as community festivals and events throughout the year. I have lived in East Point for 9 years and have been selling real estate for 7 throughout intown Atlanta, so I can easily compare area values and features for you. Crime is everywhere and if you look at general city stats it will be offset by the higher crime areas I mentioned near city borders but low stats on bodily crime and such. Mostly petty theft. Unfortunately at this time education is still a sore topic. We are trying to get a charter school. most newer residents send their children to private schools, which they can afford by the lower housing costs.

Hopefully that answers some of your inquiries. Again, please feel free to contact me for more assistance. joan@intownfocus.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 11, 2008
The City of East Point is a gem of a city (http://www.eastpointcity.org). Its' predominantly inner perimeter locale places it within minutes access to many places including interstate roadways and major Highways (I-285, I-20, 166, 75 and 85). It is very close to the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (5-10 minutes) and the stunning Georgia International Convention Center and Hotel is just minutes away.

East Point has a small town feel but shows signs of booming urban appeal with successes like the Main Street project, and its' high impacting Camp Creek development project and others. Many young residents work in the Camp Creek area and it can be confidently stated that this tax-free development was a very big plus in the City's portfolio and bottom line, even without the benefit of taxation. It provided a new palate for a city diligently shopping for new ideas and development that create quality, re-occurring jobs impacting the local level. It houses well-known brands like Lowe's, B.J's, Red Lobster, Office Depot and many, many more! The City also sells it's own power and water and is in good financial position.

East Point is also a - Naturally Occurring Retirement Community (N.O.R.C) but not committed to just that. There are more than 5,000 N.O.R.C communities in the U.S. Many of the residents have lived in their residences from two to four decades. You can get more info on this program at http://www.norcblueprint.org/stories/East_Point_NORC_Program/. If the link provided is bad. it is located on the city website listed above along with a plethora of other helpful information like demographics, Mayor, City Council info, and the other divisions of the government. East Point is also home to the state of the art, H J C Bowden Senior Multipurpose Facility.

The City has an excellent police department you may contact them directly and get any info you need at:

Law Enforcement Center Information Office
2727 East Point Street East Point, GA 30344
Ph: 404-559-6226
Fx: 404-209-5173
24/7 everyday

East Point has many private and assisted pre-k settings that start many on their way to greatness. Along with a more than solid elementary, middle, and an award winning VPA Magnet high school of around 1800 students. Tri-Cities High School has recently received a 6.5 million dollar performing arts facility addition, and is designated to receive more renovation/new construction in the near future. It is also the former high school of many of Atlanta's Grammy award winning celebrities such as Super Stars Andre' "3,000" Benjamin and Antwan "Big Boi" Patton (OutKast, Big Kidz Foundation Inc.), Kandi Burress (Exscape, RHOA), and Bangladesh Productions. It also received 10,000 dollars from the LudaCris Foundation for it's fashion design program and many other companies have contributed to the school and gone on to partner with the city and county.

East Point also has a well-received and growing Hispanic population, many of them are business owners, long time resident home owners with kids. All grade schools are under the supervision of Fulton County Board of Education.

In lieu of the recent probationary status of the neighboring Atlanta Board of Education. East Point stands ready to openly and effectively receive any new residents and assure them that the City is indeed on the right track. The transition to an even greater city by qualifying for more available funding with new growth will be its' task. The local schools of East Point are destined for even greater multi-cultural success stories in my opinion.

There's plenty of opportunity for business. Therefore, access to education is not going to be your problem with the city being located within the perimeter and just outside I-285. As far as RE opportunities; There is no Teacher-Next-Door nor Officer/EMS-Next-Door program available to East Point as of this time. However, there are many RE investment and business opportunities.

Other City Facts: per 2006-2008 American Community Survey 3-Year Estimate Data

* 13.8 square miles

* County: Fulton

* Rail Lines
* *Burlington Northern & Santa Fe
* *CSX Transportation
* *Kansas City Southern Lines
* *Norfolk Southern Corp

* Transit: Main Street MARTA Rail Station with bus services throughout

* Average home sales: $105,737

* Value of residential building permits: $96,404-$124,853

* 5th largest city in Fulton County

* 10 minutes from Atlanta (in some places a block from Atlanta)

* 5 minutes from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport

* 13 hotels (many recently established)

* Home to dynamic Camp Creek Marketplace/Business Center, South Meadow Business Park and several Fortune 500 corps

I hope this helps you out Ms. Rosario!

For more info (Marketing Reports) Email me at; elijah@frankmiddlebrooksrealty.com.
We are minority owned and located in East Point and have been for over 30 years.
Wow ! What an outstanding lay-out of information. This was well researched and documented. Thank you for the information.
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013
Hi Paula, East Point has both established and transitional areas.

I would recommend talking to a realtor in the area. One that I know from East Point is ........http://www.erathebakergroup.com/