Home Buying in Camas>Question Details

princesswendi, Home Buyer in Camas, WA

Could anyone tell me about these Build your own land home listings? They seem too good to be true?

Asked by princesswendi, Camas, WA Sun Jul 8, 2012

Answers

1
Hi Wendi... I believe you are talking about offers to build new homes on land you already own.
The prices seem incredible!!

There are lots of things that go into this process.. the first is buying the land. Land is difficult to finance in the present market environment, without a house already on it. so right there you can expect to have to pay for the land itself.. depending, that could run 60,000 to 120,000 CASH, depending on the location and size. BE SURE it has utilities! Then there are permits, and depending on what ad you are looking at, it can be to "pre-finish", Loads and lots of details.

I read your profile, and frankly I dont think this is something you are prepared to take on, without knowing more about your PREQUALIFICATION to make a purchase.

Typically you need 2 years of employment history, in the same field.

If you would like to have a discussion about the home buying process, give me a call. or drop me a note through my website... the link is below.

Gloria Matthews
Web Reference: http://www.ggmatthews.com
Gloria, you are AWESOME! And very right, as financially, I am not currently prepared for anything major. I am not even sure what is best for me or where to begin. SIGH!
Flag Sun Jul 8, 2012